Moderator: Football Moderators

Who should i keep?

Postby Jack3d » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:37 am

Hey guys...Im in a 12 team league and im allowed to keep 3 players

Out of these who would you keep....Prob keeping Jamal Charles and Shady Mccoy

Out of these...which one would you keep

Jason Witten
Eric Decker
David Wilson (Bradshaw career in NY unclear)
Pierre Garcon
Dwyene Bowe
Jack3d
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Who should i keep?

Postby mycuccismells » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:00 pm

Is there any penalty for keeping guys?? For example do you keep them as a different round pick based on when they were drafted this year or do all keepers occupy your rounds 1-3 picks no matter what?? Also are you required to keep 3 guys or can you only keep 2 and have an extra early round pick instead?

You definitely keep JC and McCoy, those are both 1st or 2nd round picks so it makes sense to keep them. However if you can have a 3rd round pick instead of those other guys i wouldn't keep any of them. Those guys are 4th-5th round picks at best so if you can toss them back and get a top 30 guy with your extra draft pick then thats the way to go.

If you have to use 3 keepers then you have to go with Bowe or Garcon, partially depending on where Bowe winds up next year. There is a little value in Witten but i just couldnt use a keeper on any tight end but Gronk. David Wilson has potential but he may not even be their starter next year so you cant consider him unless something big happens in the off season. Im keeping him in my league but we get to keep them based on draft position this year so i get him as a 12th round pick, as a 3rd round pick it doesnt make sense
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 358)

Postby duffoholic » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:46 pm

I like the RB choices and personally would go with Garcon. He has been a huge target as long as he stays healthy. If you don't have to make a decision right away though you can wait and see about him for surgery on his foot this offseason and also wait to see what happens in NY.
12 team auction (100$)
Wilson 3$, Dalton 4$
Foster $30, Charles $16, Tate 2$, Wilson 10$
V. Jackson 10$, Boldin 3$, Garcon 4$, Witten, 4$, T. Austin $5, Patterson 2$, Tate 3$, Dobson 1$
Tucker, K 1$,Tynes, K 1$
NYG D, 1$
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 421)

Postby daullaz » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:25 pm

Your best asset out of your remaining players is Wilson, but I don't know how many you start or what the cost of keeping players is.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Indibuck » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:09 pm

duffoholic wrote:I like the RB choices and personally would go with Garcon. He has been a huge target as long as he stays healthy. If you don't have to make a decision right away though you can wait and see about him for surgery on his foot this offseason and also wait to see what happens in NY.

I think this is pretty solid advice ;-D
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby MadDog36 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:35 pm

I think Dwayne Bowe ends up in Carolina. We need a WR of his playmaking ability. I'd take him out of those two WR. Bowe will end up in a place where WR help is needed! Either here or maybe the Jets come to mind rather quickly.

I'd take Bowe and hope he ends up in a place where his value will no longer be capped by being on a shaky QB-team.

Though I'd hold out as long as you possibly can and if Wilson is named the starter, he's your guy ultimately but if not Bowe.

Good luck.
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 134)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PatriotsGirl » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:24 pm

Garcon is definitely a sure bet. ;-D
PatriotsGirl
Special Teams Staff