Keep 3 of these 4 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Keep 3 of these 4

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keep 3 of these 4

Postby Nemo » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:05 pm

I took over a terrible keeper team before this season and drafted young. Our league has a QB and an OP, so essentially it's a 2 QB league. I keep 3 and it's between RG3, Richardson, Martin & Matt Ryan.

When I had the draft I figured I'd be keeping Ryan, but now I'm thinking it's the 3 rookies.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
Nemo
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Keep 3 of these 4

Postby Indibuck » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:20 pm

Nemo wrote:I took over a terrible keeper team before this season and drafted young. Our league has a QB and an OP, so essentially it's a 2 QB league. I keep 3 and it's between RG3, Richardson, Martin & Matt Ryan.

When I had the draft I figured I'd be keeping Ryan, but now I'm thinking it's the 3 rookies.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Tough one. It depends on your scoring system... i.e. 4 vs 6 points for passing TDs, PPR or non-PPR, etc. Also depends on the size of your league and how many QBs you think will likely be kept.

At this point, I think Martin is a lock, and RG3 nearly a lock. Tough to throw back either Richardson or Ryan.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Nemo » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:28 pm

It's 10 team, 4 pts for passing TD's, but 15 of the top 20 pt leaders for the season are QBs. Not PPR, 1/10 rush or receive.
Nemo
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby duffoholic » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:29 am

The big thing isn't who the top scorers are but the point jump to the next player you'd get. You know your league... If a lot of QB's are kept every year so your option for the second QB is going to be below the top 15, i.e. most teams keep 2, you might be better off keeping Ryan and Martin but if most people keep the other positions and just one QB, leaving guys like Eli, Wilson, Dalton or Flacco up for grabs as a QB2, then keep both RB's and throw Ryan back in to the pool.

It all depends on league trends.

Good luck!
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 421)

Postby TruNinerFan » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:20 am

I would drop Ryan

thanks to Franchise Fan for the sig!!!!!
TruNinerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 156)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions