- #1) Don't mention the names of players who haven't been drafted yet! Experience has shown that doing so tends to generate artificial bias and make players get drafted before they normally would. You'll get a warning if you slip up, but if you persist, you'll be permanently replaced with an alternate.
- #2) You must draft an entire starting roster - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. Don't forget to keep defenses and kickers in mind in the 15th and 16th rounds.
- #3) Once picks are made, they are not allowed to be changed for ANY reason - whether the next manager has chosen or not. Once you click submit, you may not go back and change your pick. If you're caught changing your pick, you're out, no questions asked.
- #4) Alternate Pick Policy - When your timer is about to expire, alternates will be called to make a pick for you. Once the timer has fully expired, a manager may still make his pick as long as no alternate has made the pick. The next manager on the clock shall NEVER jump in and make his next pick - even though the timer has expired, he must wait for the alternate (or the original manager) to make the pick.
Furthermore, once the alternate has made the pick, it is final. Even if the next manager has not made his next pick yet, the alternate pick cannot be changed by the original manager. It doesn't matter if it's a horrible pick and the manager doesn't like the pick made for him. The manager had his chance to make his pick in the 24 hours given to him. Bottom line - don't miss your pick and then you won't have reason to complain.
- #5) It is *your* responsibility to PM the next manager after you make your pick. With handy shortcuts at the top of every round thread, there is no excuse for not doing so. When you forget, you hold up the entire draft! You'll get a courtesy warning if you forget once or twice, but if you persist, you'll be permanently replaced with an alternate.
If someone forgets to PM you, please post about it so that I know.
- #6) There will be a Draft Discussion Thread and a Miscellaneous chatter thread. The former is for actual discussion and analysis of the mock draft. The latter is for the following:
- someone's time limit has expired
- someone chooses a player already drafted
- you are going to be away and need an alternate
- someone is mentioning names of players who have yet to be drafted
The idea behind having two separate threads is so that we (or other Cafe members) may want to look back through the Draft Discussion thread later on, and not have to wade through a bunch of miscellaneous crap. It is *your* responsibility to understand the difference between these threads. If you slip up once or twice, I can merge posts and get them to the correct thread, but if you keep posting in the wrong spot, you will be replaced with an alternate.
- #7) Please keep you roster updated, because it plays into some people's draft strategies. It's okay if you skip a round or two but it's not fair to everyone else if you haven't updated your roster in several weeks.
- #8) Please submit all picks in the following format:
1.01 Jerome Bettis - RB, PIT
Pick #, then name, then a dash, then the position, then a comma, then team (use three letter abbreviation for team)
For team defenses / special teams, use the following format:
15.02 Pittsburgh Steelers DEF/ST
Mock Draft Settings:
7 man bench
Passing Yards (25 yards per point)
Passing Touchdowns (4)
Rushing Yards (10 yards per point)
Rushing Touchdowns (6)
Reception Yards (10 yards per point)
Reception Touchdowns (6)
Receptions (1.0 points each)
2-Point Conversions (2)
Fumbles Lost (-1)
Offensive Fumble Return TD (6)
0-49 FG = 3 points
50+ FG = 5 points
PAT = 1 point
missed PAT = -1 points
Sack = 1 point
INT = 2 points
FR = 2 points
Blocked Kick = 3 points
Safety = 4 points
Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns (6)
0 points against (PA) = 10 points
1-6 PA = 8 points
7-13 PA = 5 points
14-20 PA = 2 points
21-27 PA = 0 points
28-34 PA = -2 points
35+ PA = -4 points
This will be a 16 round serpentine-style draft in which order will be determined randomly using a random draft order generator. For convenience and realism, trading of picks is NOT allowed. The draft timer will be 24 hours and NO 2013 NFL rookies will be included.