Mock Draft Discussion/Analysis - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to 2013 Extremely Early Mock Draft

Mock Draft Discussion/Analysis

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Mock Draft Discussion/Analysis

Postby stomperrob » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:52 pm

murphysxm wrote:Fred Jackson is old and Spiller is better, but every year he puts up numbers and has a stretch where he is very solid. I can't argue with that in round 9

I think Jackson qualifies for social security this year doesn't he??? ;-) :-D :-b
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bungle613 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:55 pm

I still think Vereen is a much more dynamic back over Ridley and can outproduce him with some things falling into place.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby stomperrob » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:28 pm

Going out on a limb a bit with Coby Fleener at 10.11 - I know he was overshadowed a bit last year but he had some health problems and never seemed to get up to speed. I think it's a big plus that Arians went out and hired Pep Hamilton to be OC as he was Luck & Fleener's OC in college. I like some of the things I'm hearing such as:

...Hamilton said. "Coby Fleener and some of the guys that may have played in the West Coast offense and with other organizations, they'll recognize some of the terminology and we should be able to hit the ground running."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/colts-repl ... --nfl.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)

Postby joejlitz » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:17 am

stomperrob wrote:Going out on a limb a bit with Coby Fleener at 10.11 - I know he was overshadowed a bit last year but he had some health problems and never seemed to get up to speed. I think it's a big plus that Arians went out and hired Pep Hamilton to be OC as he was Luck & Fleener's OC in college. I like some of the things I'm hearing such as:

...Hamilton said. "Coby Fleener and some of the guys that may have played in the West Coast offense and with other organizations, they'll recognize some of the terminology and we should be able to hit the ground running."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/colts-repl ... --nfl.html

That's kind of like:
Coby Fleener's played in this type of system before. I'm not real sure he has the skills to be a star in the NFL, but I'd like to say something nice about him.

;-)
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby murphysxm » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:39 am

joejlitz wrote:That's kind of like:
Coby Fleener's played in this type of system before. I'm not real sure he has the skills to be a star in the NFL, but I'd like to say something nice about him.
;-)

I'm sure Pep or Peppy (what a horrible first name) will help, but Fleener isn't that good in my Colts opinion. He wasn't athletic enough to be an Aaron Hernandez type TE and the other Indy TE is 100 times the blocker and route runner. Yes he was hurt, but I saw nothing his rookie year to be excited about.
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 222)

Postby thriftyrocker » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:53 am

Sniped on Joique. Was really hoping to get both DET RB and missed by 2 picks.

Not a big fan of Bilal but best situation of the RBs left, if Greene is not resigned and the draft pick is not ready. I guess if there's one regret I have it's that I view most of my RBs as mediocre guys in good situations instead of good guys in mediocre (or better...) situations - Powell, Dwyer, Hillman. Even Leshoure.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby murphysxm » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:33 am

I like the Santonio Holmes pick. I'll be honest, I forgot about him
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 222)

Postby Indibuck » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:44 am

thriftyrocker wrote:Sniped on Joique. Was really hoping to get both DET RB and missed by 2 picks.

Not a big fan of Bilal but best situation of the RBs left, if Greene is not resigned and the draft pick is not ready. I guess if there's one regret I have it's that I view most of my RBs as mediocre guys in good situations instead of good guys in mediocre (or better...) situations - Powell, Dwyer, Hillman. Even Leshoure.

I like the Powell pick better than the Joique pick, handcuff notwithstanding. I don't think either will ever be bellcow RBs, but I think Powell has the best chance of putting up numbers in 2013. I don't see Greene coming back in NY. I also think it's a near certainty that DET gets help at RB (maybe Reggie Bush?).
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 173)

Postby thriftyrocker » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:58 am

Haha, maybe. I don't know how Reggie fits into their salary cap though. They're pretty close to the cap and have some turnover coming up, and a lot of money invested in Calvin+Stafford+Suh. I guess it depends on his market. If he doesn't get much interest he might take an incentive-based deal.

Could definitely see them grabbing Andre Ellington or Barner or Gillislee in the 3/4/5 area and giving them a legit chance. If somehow Gio Bernard drops to their pick in the 2nd, that would be just as disruptive as Bush.

Or they could go lower cost FA like a guy in AFCN and a guy in NFCE. Which wouldn't hurt the value of Leshoure (or Bell if he beats out Leshoure), but would hurt Bell's current role as pass catcher.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:20 pm

murphysxm wrote:I like the Santonio Holmes pick. I'll be honest, I forgot about him

Thanks! I know the Jets are a mess, but in this scoring format, Holmes was putting up solid WR3 numbers before he got hurt last year. I'll take that upside as my WR5. I picked M.Bush as a handcuff to Forte. I wanted at least 1 more RB on my team, and there aren't that many decent RB's left (IMO), so I figured that cuffing Forte was my best choice. Especially since M.Bush has proven that he can fill in for Forte nicely.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

PreviousNext

Return to 2013 Extremely Early Mock Draft