Mock Draft Discussion/Analysis - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to 2013 Extremely Early Mock Draft

Mock Draft Discussion/Analysis

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Mock Draft Discussion/Analysis

Postby Indibuck » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:53 pm

If I am DET, I am adding both a veteran back and spending a draft pick at the position. With the amount of $ spent on Stafford/Johnson et al, they need better production at RB to protect/take pressure off the passing game.

I agree with the premise that it is Bell's touches that such a move would affect. Leshoure showed some promise, and will likely again be the two-down, GL back.

That being said, Bell put up pretty decent PPR numbers in 2012... A more talented back in a similar role could put up consistent flex numbers going forward.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Indibuck » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:56 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
murphysxm wrote:I like the Santonio Holmes pick. I'll be honest, I forgot about him

Thanks! I know the Jets are a mess, but in this scoring format, Holmes was putting up solid WR3 numbers before he got hurt last year. I'll take that upside as my WR5. I picked M.Bush as a handcuff to Forte. I wanted at least 1 more RB on my team, and there aren't that many decent RB's left (IMO), so I figured that cuffing Forte was my best choice. Especially since M.Bush has proven that he can fill in for Forte nicely.

I like both picks, especially the handcuff pick.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby bungle613 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:33 pm

Holmes is a solid pick for the fill in guy. I have been stashing him all year on IR in a dynasty league. That is a route I like to take in the later rounds, I want a safe fill in pick for a wr3 then a couple high upside guys that if they hit, put me in a really good spot either to use or deal for upgrades.

Holmes may be the only draftable ( I know, not a real word) Jet currently on roster. Sorry Flots, they suck.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:44 pm

bungle613 wrote:Holmes is a solid pick for the fill in guy. I have been stashing him all year on IR in a dynasty league. That is a route I like to take in the later rounds, I want a safe fill in pick for a wr3 then a couple high upside guys that if they hit, put me in a really good spot either to use or deal for upgrades.

Holmes may be the only draftable ( I know, not a real word) Jet currently on roster. Sorry Flots, they suck.

No need to apologize! I know they suck, and it amazed me that they even won 6 games last year. They are the most dysfunctional organization in the league IMO. Clueless from top to bottom. Their dysfunction actually makes the 4-28 Rich Kotite era look good....again IMO. :,-( :~(

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby bungle613 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:54 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
bungle613 wrote:Holmes is a solid pick for the fill in guy. I have been stashing him all year on IR in a dynasty league. That is a route I like to take in the later rounds, I want a safe fill in pick for a wr3 then a couple high upside guys that if they hit, put me in a really good spot either to use or deal for upgrades.

No need to apologize! I know they suck, and it amazed me that they even won 6 games last year. They are the most dysfunctional organization in the league IMO. Clueless from top to bottom. Their dysfunction actually makes the 4-28 Rich Kotite era look good....again IMO. :,-( :~(

Lol...recognition is the first step to recovery. :-b

I am not so certain you will even have the Giants to fall back on this year. I have a terrible feeling that they have jumped the shark.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:37 pm

bungle613 wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:

I am not so certain you will even have the Giants to fall back on this year. I have a terrible feeling that they have jumped the shark.

:-b

You could be right about the Giants, but their track record is much better, so I trust them to make good decisions/moves (obviously not all their decisions/moves work out). I don't know if I've ever felt that way about the Jets organization (outside of when Parcells was there), and I've been following both for almost 40 years. Also, the Giants don't need much to get better (IMO). I hope they address their lack of playmakers at LB and in their secondary. I think those areas were their biggest weaknesses last year. But the Jets needs help at almost every position on both sides of the ball. If they keep Revis, their secondary is the only solid part of the team.

On a totally unrelated note, Flotsam & Jetsam actually thanked me in the credits of their newest album "Ugly Noise". Or as I like to call it, their 11th metal masterpiece. :-) ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby moochman » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:41 pm

thriftyrocker wrote:Sniped on Joique. Was really hoping to get both DET RB and missed by 2 picks.

Call it payback for Hillman. Bell is a hit of miss, Leshoure either picks up his game or he doesn't. Simple truth is that if Leshoure wasn't a first round pick, he would have been spelling Bell. BTW, that is more of an indictment on him than an endorsement on Bell.
Not sure the Lions have any room to spend on Bush, any cap room from exiting players only means bigger holes that need filling. Lions will probably go draft for RB help, and they don't have much of a record going that route. So there is a reasonable chance that Bell can outperform his draft value.****

**** Only in mocks, of course. In any future Cafe drafts Bell isn't evey worth drafting.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby bungle613 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:47 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
bungle613 wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:

:-b

You could be right about the Giants, but their track record is much better, so I trust them to make good decisions/moves (obviously not all their decisions/moves work out). I don't know if I've ever felt that way about the Jets organization (outside of when Parcells was there), and I've been following both for almost 40 years. Also, the Giants don't need much to get better (IMO). I hope they address their lack of playmakers at LB and in their secondary. I think those areas were their biggest weaknesses last year. But the Jets needs help at almost every position on both sides of the ball. If they keep Revis, their secondary is the only solid part of the team.

On a totally unrelated note, Flotsam & Jetsam actually thanked me in the credits of their newest album "Ugly Noise". Or as I like to call it, their 11th metal masterpiece. :-) ;-D

Damn, that is pretty sweet. I may have to purchase my first Flotsam & Jetsam album. The Gia,ts usually come through but Arlington has me worried. His arm seems really tired. I watched several games in which he had nothing on his throws.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:58 pm

Saw Michael Turner available and grabbed him as Lung's 5th RB. I still think he can be productive next year but will obviously give some up to Rodgers.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby daullaz » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:57 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:Saw Michael Turner available and grabbed him as Lung's 5th RB. I still think he can be productive next year but will obviously give some up to Rodgers.

I would have taken him with my next pick. I think he's done, but he has a better chance at starting next year than anyone else left on the board.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to 2013 Extremely Early Mock Draft