Mock Draft Discussion/Analysis - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to 2013 Extremely Early Mock Draft

Mock Draft Discussion/Analysis

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Mock Draft Discussion/Analysis

Postby TruNinerFan » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:55 pm

I am not a fan of the 12th pick this year. I don't really care for any of the Rb's left. I guess you can't go wrong picking 2 Stud WR's who get a ton of targets.

thanks to Franchise Fan for the sig!!!!!
TruNinerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 156)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby thriftyrocker » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:08 pm

bungle613 wrote:Gronk in the first....ya got balls Thirft! Fully understand the rational...not sure if I would have the cahones to make that pick.

It's easier to take that leap since it's not a "real" team, but it should be interesting to follow through. My hand is forced a little by draft position. I could have taken 2 WRs or QB/WR but elite production at TE is harder to find. With the young QBs emerging, and a lot of recent influx of WR talent, QB and WR are the deepest positions and I think I should be able to find value at those positions later.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby joejlitz » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:39 pm

I'm pretty floored by the Dez pick. Oh well, that means I'm more likely to get the guy I want now. :-D
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby thriftyrocker » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:40 pm

joejlitz wrote:I'm pretty floored by the Dez pick. Oh well, that means I'm more likely to get the guy I want now. :-D

*cough* he won me frozen tundra *cough*
thriftyrocker

Postby TruNinerFan » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:54 pm

joejlitz wrote:I'm pretty floored by the Dez pick. Oh well, that means I'm more likely to get the guy I want now. :-D

I like the pick. I think Dez might have finally put it all together. If so, he will be a beast

thanks to Franchise Fan for the sig!!!!!
TruNinerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 156)

Postby Indibuck » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:02 pm

TruNinerFan wrote:

I like the pick. I think Dez might have finally put it all together. If so, he will be a beast

Agree. There are about a half=dozen WRs you could select here and I wouldn't find an issue with any of them. But Bryant has the most "Calvin-esque" upside of any of the available WRs.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby murphysxm » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:03 pm

thriftyrocker wrote: With the young QBs emerging, and a lot of recent influx of WR talent, QB and WR are the deepest positions and I think I should be able to find value at those positions later.

This is exactly my take early on as well. It will not surprise me at all if there are a ton of RB/RB combos in the first two rounds, it'll feel like 2006 again.
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 238)

Postby thriftyrocker » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:04 pm

Re: Dez, more points than Marshall and AJ Green in the 2nd half of the year even with the broken finger.
thriftyrocker

Postby bungle613 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:19 pm

There really are becoming less and less ELITE players you can just hang your hat on to come through every week. There are alot more good players, just less great players.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:40 pm

murphysxm wrote:
thriftyrocker wrote: With the young QBs emerging, and a lot of recent influx of WR talent, QB and WR are the deepest positions and I think I should be able to find value at those positions later.

This is exactly my take early on as well. It will not surprise me at all if there are a ton of RB/RB combos in the first two rounds, it'll feel like 2006 again.

That's my thoughts as well, but I could never bring myself to pick a TE in the 1st. I can't argue against the logic with Gronk being so much better than the other TE's, but I guess I'm just too old school. Like thrifty said, I think QB & WR are deeper than ever...which is exactly why I won't pick those positions early. The only time I'd even consider taking a QB in the 1st is if it was a 2QB league (but I still almost always go with RB). So many teams are going to a RBBC approach, and RB's are usually the hardest to find on the WW, so I'll still almost always take a RB in the 1st. With 3 rookie RB's making a huge fantasy impact in 2012, and guys like ADP & Charles coming back well from injuries, I think this year will be a great year to go RB/RB. TRich was an easy pick for me. After Calvin was picked at 1.05, I had a list of 5 RB's and 4 of them went from 1.06 to 1.09. I probably would've picked TRich higher. Forte at 2.03 was much harder. I went back and forth between him and 1 other RB (there are 2 others that most people would consider...but I'm passing on them this year), and it just came down to the fact that Forte's on the better team and he was tied 12th at RB (fantasy points per game) in this scoring format. I'll take 2 potential #1 RB's all day with my 1st 2 picks.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

PreviousNext

Return to 2013 Extremely Early Mock Draft