Mock Draft Discussion/Analysis - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to 2013 Extremely Early Mock Draft

Mock Draft Discussion/Analysis

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Mock Draft Discussion/Analysis

Postby moochman » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:53 pm

TruNinerFan wrote:
joejlitz wrote:I'm pretty floored by the Dez pick. Oh well, that means I'm more likely to get the guy I want now. :-D

I like the pick. I think Dez might have finally put it all together. If so, he will be a beast

Yeah, Dez may have gotten his act together, could be the next best WR. Only concern with him is with Romo's life expectancy.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TruNinerFan » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:54 pm

I considered Morris in the first, but I just don't trust shannahan

thanks to Franchise Fan for the sig!!!!!
TruNinerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 156)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:00 pm

TruNinerFan wrote:I considered Morris in the first, but I just don't trust shannahan

Morris was one of the RB's that I mentioned most others would consider, but I'll be passing on this early in PPR. He only had 11 receptions last year and another reason that I'll mention later (if I remember!) because I don't want to name any undrafted players.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby bungle613 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:31 pm

TruNinerFan wrote:I considered Morris in the first, but I just don't trust shannahan

Winner winner, chicken dinner. Shanahan can produce 1500 yard guys but has zero loyalty to any of them.

Rodgers is also my #1 ranked QB this year but too early for me to consider taking a QB.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby murphysxm » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:47 pm

ALF was my target, so close......
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 238)

Postby stomperrob » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:09 pm

bungle613 wrote:

Winner winner, chicken dinner. Shanahan can produce 1500 yard guys but has zero loyalty to any of them.

Terrell Davis would argue that point with you - people forget he had 4 straight solid seasons until injuries slowed him down by his 5th season.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

Postby bungle613 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:26 pm

TD would obviously be an exception. Olandis Gary, Mike Anderson, Clinton Portis, Reuben Droughns and Tatum Bell might argue the other way. Shanahan has always been an idiot who unfortunately knows a solid system and can get players to produce. He has very little loyalty to any of his players, never has, never will.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby joejlitz » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:32 pm

thriftyrocker wrote:
joejlitz wrote:I'm pretty floored by the Dez pick. Oh well, that means I'm more likely to get the guy I want now. :-D

*cough* he won me frozen tundra *cough*

Ouch! ;-)

If I was sour grapes, here is where I would tell you that disappearances by Ben Jarvis Green Ellis, Danny Amendola, Stevie Johnson, and Tony Gonzalez plus an injury to Cecil Shorts all ALLOWED you to win with your grossly inferior team. :-[

But I'm not. Good one and good win! ;-D
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby moochman » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:11 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:

Morris was one of the RB's that I mentioned most others would consider, but I'll be passing on this early in PPR. He only had 11 receptions last year and another reason that I'll mention later (if I remember!) because I don't want to name any undrafted players.

Of course, rolling dice on Shanny's fickle heart. As far as PPR, thinking Alfie's TD production could help mitigate that. Flirted with thought of Rodgers as well. Hard to pass on such consistant outstanding production.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby joejlitz » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:58 pm

moochman wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:

Of course, rolling dice on Shanny's fickle heart. As far as PPR, thinking Alfie's TD production could help mitigate that. Flirted with thought of Rodgers as well. Hard to pass on such consistant outstanding production.

Over the course of the season, I also read how Shanahan was working to make ALMO a more complete back. Maybe that means 30 catches next year...
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

PreviousNext

Return to 2013 Extremely Early Mock Draft