Mock Draft Discussion/Analysis - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to 2013 Extremely Early Mock Draft

Mock Draft Discussion/Analysis

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Mock Draft Discussion/Analysis

Postby The Lung » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:10 pm

murphysxm wrote:I passed on Lynch because his DUI charges are still unsettled and I didn't want that headache of possible suspension.

^ This.

I hope everyone realizes that there's supposedly a good chance that Lynch is suspended for the first 4 games of 2013 due to his July 2012 DUI arrest. :-o
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby stomperrob » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:28 pm

The Lung wrote:
murphysxm wrote:I passed on Lynch because his DUI charges are still unsettled and I didn't want that headache of possible suspension.

^ This.

I hope everyone realizes that there's supposedly a good chance that Lynch is suspended for the first 4 games of 2013 due to his July 2012 DUI arrest. :-o

I don't know whether he's stupid, or self-destructive or whether his station in life gives him some sense of entitlement - or maybe some combination of the three, I see him as a ticking time bomb that will screw up again at some point so I just could never trust him and thus shy away from him in drafts. Maybe I'm just too jaded from having seen too many like him.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby bungle613 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:47 am

Lynch has only been suspended by the league once before though right? Been an idiot several times but only suspended once so if guilty he is looking at 2-4 games?
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby stomperrob » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:58 pm

Lotsa WR's I liked at 2.11, decided to go with Decker - I'll think he'll continue to flourish with Peyton and see a slight bump in numbers for '13. Ridley only had 6 rec this season but still finished #11 RB in my PPR league thanks to the rest of his numbers - he should be solid again.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby bungle613 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:59 pm

Great value on AJ Daulluz. He was my other option at 2.10. If Murray was not there I would have taken AJ. Getting older but still a stud.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby moochman » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:26 pm

Really liked Demaryius Thomas pick. Almost took him instead of Morris. Think he is in a great position to outperform this upcoming season.

Back to Morris. Is it possible that with QB injury Shanny may encourage more passes to the RBs rather than taking a beating? I know its not like Shanarat to do the smart thing, but.. :-b

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:05 pm

moochman wrote:Back to Morris. Is it possible that with QB injury Shanny may encourage more passes to the RBs rather than taking a beating? I know its not like Shanarat to do the smart thing, but.. :-b

That's the "other reason" that I didn't want to mention earlier. I don't think Morris will be as good as he was this year if their QB isn't back 100% and/or they decide to change the offense so the QB doesn't get hurt all the time. I think how the Redskins used him was the main problem. Option QB's are definitely more prone to injuries.

On another note, I was surprised to see Cam picked as the 3rd QB overall. I know he puts up a lot of points mostly because of his rushing yards/TD's (I think he was 4th best in fantasy points per game in this scoring system), but I wouldn't pick him any higher than the 5th or 6th overall QB.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:09 pm

I see some undrafted players named. :-o :-B

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby Indibuck » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:09 pm

moochman wrote:Really liked Demaryius Thomas pick. Almost took him instead of Morris. Think he is in a great position to outperform this upcoming season.

Back to Morris. Is it possible that with QB injury Shanny may encourage more passes to the RBs rather than taking a beating? I know its not like Shanarat to do the smart thing, but.. :-b

Thanks Mooch. I had him targeted at that 2.09 spot pretty early on, and it didn't take long for me to pull the trigger.

As for my 3.04 pick... I hemmed and hawed for a few minutes on this one, but I chose Graham. He was obviously limited by the wrist injury this year, especially down the stretch. He still finished as the #1 TE in PPR. I think he is in for a HUGE 2013. Early-mid 3rd is pretty decent value, especially considering Gronk cost a first round pick, and we are about to (did already?) fall off the TE cliff shortly.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby joejlitz » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:21 pm

Couldn't pass up on Brady at 3.05.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

PreviousNext

Return to 2013 Extremely Early Mock Draft