Mock Draft Discussion/Analysis - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to 2013 Extremely Early Mock Draft

Mock Draft Discussion/Analysis

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Mock Draft Discussion/Analysis

Postby murphysxm » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:21 am

Indibuck wrote:Crabtree finished as a top-15 WR in PPR scoring, but it wasnt until after SF changed QBs that he really exploded. Crabtree has legit low-end WR1 upside with an entire year of said QB starting, IMHO, and I am happy to get him at 45th overall.

Argh, I thought he had a better chance of getting back to me, so I went with Fitz. I like this pick quite a bit
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby thriftyrocker » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:23 am

murphysxm wrote:
Indibuck wrote:Crabtree finished as a top-15 WR in PPR scoring, but it wasnt until after SF changed QBs that he really exploded. Crabtree has legit low-end WR1 upside with an entire year of said QB starting, IMHO, and I am happy to get him at 45th overall.

Argh, I thought he had a better chance of getting back to me, so I went with Fitz. I like this pick quite a bit

Almost took him at 4.2 but went safer. Knew he wouldn't get back to me but thought it would be Rob drafting him :-b
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby bungle613 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:13 pm

Nice snipe Indi. :-P
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Indibuck » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:24 pm

bungle613 wrote:

Thanks... After Fitzgerald went, I was hoping for Crabtree to fall.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby bungle613 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:32 pm

Indibuck wrote:
bungle613 wrote:

After an idiotic move to begin his NFL career we have not really heard much negative about him. Possible he is a bit of a slow learner but I think it was his QB that was holding him back. I think Crabtree can be a top 10 WR for 2013. Nice pick and I am really annoyed! :-b
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:02 pm

bungle613 wrote:
Indibuck wrote:
bungle613 wrote:

After an idiotic move to begin his NFL career we have not really heard much negative about him. Possible he is a bit of a slow learner but I think it was his QB that was holding him back. I think Crabtree can be a top 10 WR for 2013. Nice pick and I am really annoyed! :-b

I was hoping Crabtree would fall to me - Harbaugh gushes about him having the best hands he's ever seen, finally it seems the rest of his game has come together.

I agonized over a handful of WR's for my 4.11 pick, decided to go with Stevie Johnson - hopefully new coaches will benefit him, but I really don't like the QB situation in Buf.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby daullaz » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:33 pm

Add me to the list that was really hoping to get Crabtree at the turn. I have Wayne over both Crabby and Fitz, but would've been stoked to land two of them.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Indibuck » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:50 pm

Preferred Ryan over Manning here... But that is due more to the fact that I try to avoid QB/WR combos (I selected Thomas in the 2nd). Regardless, I see Manning and Ryan as the end of the elite QB tier, and felt compelled to select one of those guys here.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby bungle613 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:39 pm

Indibuck wrote:Preferred Ryan over Manning here... But that is due more to the fact that I try to avoid QB/WR combos (I selected Thomas in the 2nd). Regardless, I see Manning and Ryan as the end of the elite QB tier, and felt compelled to select one of those guys here.

Tell ya what... I will mock trade you Ryan and Wallace for Manning and Crabtree? :-b ;-)
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby daullaz » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:24 pm

If I had thought Manning would be available at the 4/5 turn, I definitely wouldn't have taken Cam at the 2/3 turn. Probably would've grabbed MJD, maybe Graham. I like Manning-Peterson-MJD-Andre-Wayne better than Cam-Peterson-Andre-Wayne-Nelson.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to 2013 Extremely Early Mock Draft