Dynasty League Trade - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Dynasty League Trade

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dynasty League Trade

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:01 pm

I am working on a big trade in a 12 team dynasty league, which has 18 man rosters. I've got CJ Spiller, RGIII, Colin Kapernick and nothing much else to speak of. I have a chance to pick up Chris Johnson (CJ2K) for the #2 overall and #16 overall draft picks in next season's rookie/free agents draft.

I am tempted to pull the trigger as I don't think next years rookie class will have the type of quality that the 2012 class had (Luck, RGIII, T-Rick, Muscle Hamster). Would love to hear some thoughts on this situation. WHIR!
Cult of Dionysus
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Dynasty League Trade

Postby 11stever11 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:24 am

I view Chris Johnson as a mid-tier RB2, so I would make the trade unless there are some solid free agents available. I do not think the rookie class is as weak as some think it is, its just not as top heavy.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby bungle613 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:13 pm

No need to give up both picks. The guy will likely make the deal for the #2 only. CJ is pure frustration and the guy wants to deal him. I would aim bigger and try and add a couple other pieces to build your team up. Does he need a QB?
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby daullaz » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:12 pm

At the very least, you should be getting a pick back from him in the 17-25 range. The draft class isn't that strong this year, but, well, neither is Johnson.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions