14 team League - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

14 team League

Moderator: Football Moderators

14 team League

Postby BroloelCunado » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:37 pm

Hi everyone, new poster here. I am in a 12 person .5 PPR, single keeper, 2 RB/2 WR/Flex league. Next year we are going to bump to 14 teams. I, being the OCD person I am, am already looking at roster limitations for next year. I was wondering if anyone has any tips for jumping to 14 teams. After some brief looking around, it is obvious RB's are at a big premium with 28 starters minimum and only 32 teams.
BroloelCunado
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 14 team League

Postby murphysxm » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:47 pm

My main league is a 14 teamer, to be honest I don't approach position scarcity any different. Draft the best player available in all rounds. I have noticed that I am more conservative at the start of the draft, injuries and duds in the first couple rounds are killers. I also take fliers on young guys late in the draft. You win this format by being the guy that took Randall Cobb, not Santana Moss.
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby daullaz » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:17 pm

With 2 RBs, only 2 WRs and a flex, you definitely want to hit RBs hard out of the gate in a 14-teamer and try and grab guys that are projected to get the lion's share of carries in their offenses. The number of committees these days dilutes the number of high-quality backs available in fantasy (think guys like S.Greene, M.LeShoure, etc.), so you want to grab as many as possible early on. Finding WRs will be no problem when you're only starting two. Your goal should be to grab three high-volume backs as quickly as possible.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BroloelCunado » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:53 am

Okay, so now I have a dilemma. My team this year sucked and I wasn't going to keep anyone. If I don't I get a pre-1st round pick out of all of the available guys. However, I did pick up Kaepernick and now I have to wonder if I should keep him or aim for a solid RB in the pre-1st rd. I get the 2nd pick so I'll be able to grab another RB right away, but not again for 25 picks after that.
BroloelCunado
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 4)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions