EMERGENCY KEEPER HELP - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

EMERGENCY KEEPER HELP

Moderator: Football Moderators

EMERGENCY KEEPER HELP

Postby Captain Eddie » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:21 pm

We are converting our league to a keeper league and the commissioner want our keeper list this week. Anyway, I can keep 5 off the following list. Keeping anyone with a round attached to them will cost me that pick this year. Two from the same round (via trade) would cost me the next lowest pick. FA would cost me my last pick (18 rounds) and then 17, etc. Here is my list:

Russel Wilson FA
Colin Kaepernick - FA
Percy Harvin 5th Round
Eric Decker - 6th Round
TY Hilton FA
Pierre Garcon 10th Round
Alfred Morris FA
Ahmad Bradshaw 5th Round
Aaron Hernandez 5th Round
Blair Walsh FA
Cincinnati DEF FA

So if I was to keep 5 FAs, I surrender picks 14-18 in the draft. If I keep Harvin, Decker and Bradshaw, and Garcon I would surrender picks 5,6,7 and 10, and so on.

Right now I am thinking, in order:

Morris
Wilson
Decker
Harvin
Garcon

I would then grab the two best RBs available when I draft 6th (of 12 teams) non-snake draft with my first two picks.

Would I be nuts to keep my kicker...Blair Walsh?

Thanks!!
Captain Eddie
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 79)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: EMERGENCY KEEPER HELP

Postby 11stever11 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:52 pm

I would keep the following..
Alfred Morris-great value, top 15 back next year
Pierre Garcon-he should put high end WR2 numbers to low end WR1 number next season, so the 10th round is good value
Russel Wilson-I prefer him over Kaepernick, but I can see a case for both of them
Eric Decker-should continue to put up WR2 numbers with Manning, a bit TD reliant
Percy Harvin-it was between Harvin and Hilton, I think Hilton can put up low end WR2 numbers next season, but he is much more risky
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Postby duffoholic » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:48 pm

I would keep:
Morris (no brainer)
Hilton (the value is too high and I think he's going like Marvin Harrison opposite Wayne, a great combo)
Decker (for a 6th rounder this should be good)
Garcon (for a 10th, solid)

Last pick is between Harvin and Wilson for me but I think Wilson is going to be a serviceable backup but not much more. He isn't a consistent scorer in terms of fantasy, that isn't seattle's style. They control the ball with a strong run game and let the defence shine so I think you could get him in the 15th anyway with using a pick for him. However you don't really need another WR since you've already got three high end WR2's and that's where Harvin would fit too in my opinion. So... maybe you just keep Walsh. Top fantasy kicker in my league and you're going to be picking one up with your last picks anyway. That's what I'd do then your first couple rounds are RB's and a QB. Good to go.

Good luck!

P.s. Straight keeping of players seems pretty old school. Maybe you should suggest bumping the keepers up a round or two to keep the top rounders in the pool every year and reward good drafting a little more than getting lucky on the first couple picks last year.
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 421)

Postby Indibuck » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:05 pm

Captain Eddie wrote:We are converting our league to a keeper league and the commissioner want our keeper list this week. Anyway, I can keep 5 off the following list. Keeping anyone with a round attached to them will cost me that pick this year. Two from the same round (via trade) would cost me the next lowest pick. FA would cost me my last pick (18 rounds) and then 17, etc. Here is my list:

Russel Wilson FA
Colin Kaepernick - FA
Percy Harvin 5th Round
Eric Decker - 6th Round
TY Hilton FA
Pierre Garcon 10th Round
Alfred Morris FA
Ahmad Bradshaw 5th Round
Aaron Hernandez 5th Round
Blair Walsh FA
Cincinnati DEF FA

So if I was to keep 5 FAs, I surrender picks 14-18 in the draft. If I keep Harvin, Decker and Bradshaw, and Garcon I would surrender picks 5,6,7 and 10, and so on.

Right now I am thinking, in order:

Morris
Wilson
Decker
Harvin
Garcon

I would then grab the two best RBs available when I draft 6th (of 12 teams) non-snake draft with my first two picks.

Would I be nuts to keep my kicker...Blair Walsh?

Thanks!!

TY Hilton for an 18th
Alfred Morris for a 17th
Pierre Garcon for a 10th
Eric Decker for a 6th
Percy Harvin for a 5th
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby Indibuck » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:07 pm

And yes you would be nuts to keep a kicker. :-)
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby Captain Eddie » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:44 am

2013 is the first keeper league season, so they will each bump up one round each year after that.

I
Captain Eddie
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 79)

Postby mycuccismells » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:47 am

Definitely don't keep a kicker, there is absolutely no value in doing that at all. I would never keep a kicker or defense but if i was going to i would much rather keep your Bengals D than Walsh. I agree with everyone else in that Morris, Hilton and Garcon are your no brainers; they give you awesome value at those rounds. I disagree with everyone saying Percy is only a WR2 though, he was a top 5 guy when he was healthy and could potentially move to a team with an actual QB if the relationship gets worse with him in Minn.

With the last pick i would keep Hernandez personally. After Gronk and Graham he will be the clear cut #3 TE next year and then the position gets super thin after that.

Also remember that if people are keeping guys then the fleet of RBs available in the 1st and 2nd rounds arent going to be anything spectacular. If there are no restrictions then 10 of the top 15 RBs are probably being kept (at least) meaning you aren't drafting a typical RB1 and maybe not even a high end RB2. For that reason i would say Bradshaw might actually be worth keeping in the 5th round. Also because guys are being kept that skews the value of someone, keeping Bradshaw as a 5th round pick means you value him as a 7th or 8th round pick maybe because so many guys are off the board so with that in mind i think he is a decent value as well.
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 358)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions