Trade concerning D.McFadden & 1.05 rookie - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Trade concerning D.McFadden & 1.05 rookie

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trade concerning D.McFadden & 1.05 rookie

Postby hobo » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:22 am

for my Kaepernick & Miles Austin.

Normal scoring and PPR.

Miles is my WR4 with me having Marques Colston, Larry Fitz and Brandon Marshall.
Kaepernick is good but my starter is D.Brees and have a viable QB2 in Carson Palmer. No matter his status/team etc, Palmer was 15th rated QB in this league and this is a 16 team Dynasty league.

I know this draft is not as loaded as in past, but the 1.05 pick is handsome. I think McFadden bounces back from injury and Oakland will dump the ZBS(Zone Blocking Scheme) that hasnt suited McFadden well.

I have Arian Foster, D.Sproles and R.Mathews as my only viable RB's in this league. So McFadden will solidify my weakness.

Let me hear from 1 and all ASAP. Trade offer is on the table. Thanks
hobo
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trade concerning D.McFadden & 1.05 rookie

Postby daullaz » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:46 am

I like the trade on the surface, but I'm not thrilled about what's available in the rookie draft this year. Any way to substitute the 1.05 for a quality player?
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby duffoholic » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:44 pm

It sounds like you aren't really giving up too much but I still don't think McFadden will EVER finish a season with more than 13-14 starts. If you can deal with him missing 3+ games a year and being a game time decision for another couple then go for it! With two other starting RB's I think you're good to go.
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 421)

Postby murphysxm » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:02 pm

my only issue is it leaves you very old at QB, does the other owner have a decent, young ish QB? I don't think you are going to get an elite talent at 1.5, so I think I'd rather have a known commodity
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby MadDog36 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:44 pm

Well...that doesn't necessarily solidify your RBs because he's a huge headache to own (yes he's a talented back but can't be trusted for a full season). You have the QB depth, but you'd have no youth...I have no problem giving up Austin for DFad straight up...(or some other RB maybe Spiller etc types with a ton of upside - Morris)
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 134)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby toof90 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:05 pm

I wouldnt do it.
McFadden is an injury waiting to happen every season, and Im not a fan of the players in the rookie draft this year.

I also like Kaepernick a lot.
toof90
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 9)

Postby toof90 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:06 pm

I would also consider trading away Palmer and keeping Kaep.
toof90
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 9)

Postby wtr23 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:02 am

I would rather trade Palmer than Kaep also. The guy has a bright future, I can't imagine him losing the starting job the way he has led the team thus far. Meanwhile Palmer is on the downside of his career but still manages numbers that make him fantasy relevant. At best I give Palmer 3 years worth of effective play, especially if our O-line continues to allow him to get hit like they did this season. Kaep probably has 7-10 years left in his career, even if its not in San Francisco I think he is comparable, if not better, than Palmer. Palmer is a good backup QB at this point, but I like Kaep more than Palmer. When Brees is gone I think Colin is a viable QB1.

the problem with DMC....

2008 - 13 games played
2009 - 12 games
2010 - 13 games
2011 - 7 games
2012 - 12 games

McFadden has top 10 potential at RB, but he just can't seem to make it 16 games. Having him on your team is great until about week 7 or 8 when he's carted off to the locker room, and you have to factor this in for several weeks if not the rest of the season. Also, he is in his last year of the six year contract, Oakland may try to shop him out to pick up the draft pick they lost in the Palmer trade. I don't think he will be going anywhere, but it wouldn't be the first time I'm wrong. Watch that closely, I think Foster and DMC is a good combo for the time being. As long as sproles stays healthy he could fill in for an injured McFadden, especailly in PPR. I'd try Austin/Palmer for DMC/1.05.
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 224)

Postby PatriotsGirl » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:05 pm

Yeah, everyone's advice was pretty solid on this.
PatriotsGirl
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby hobo » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:35 am

PatriotsGirl wrote:Yeah, everyone's advice was pretty solid on this.

Thanks guys. I actually pulled the trigger on the deal. He wouldnt take Palmer due to age.
I agree Kapaernick will be/is good. But Drew Brees IS MY QB now and for the foreseeable future.

In this 16 team dynasty league where we MUST start 2 RB's, i needed/wanted McFadden as depth for byes and injuries.

I now have the 1.05, 1.08, 1.11, 1.12, 1.16 rookie picks.

I know u guys dont like this draft but I will get a few gems (I HOPE), out of this draft. BOth on offense AND defense.

So with Arian Foster, Darren Sproles, McFadden & Ryan Matthews, I have some solid starters and backups. I can turn my attention to WR, QB, and def in the rookie draft.
hobo
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions