Mark Sanchez - 2013 starter??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Mark Sanchez - 2013 starter???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Mark Sanchez - 2013 starter???

Postby stomperrob » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:09 pm

I'm not convinced this guy can even be relied on as a game manager, let alone a solid starter.

Coach Rex Ryan said Tuesday that the starting quarterback job is "wide open."
Mark Sanchez and his fully guaranteed $8.25 million salary will be back. The question is whom he'll be competing against. Tim Tebow is expected to be released, leaving Greg McElroy as the only in-house candidate. Ryan is known to have eyes for soon-to-be-released Michael Vick and Jason Campbell is another veteran with starting experience that will be on the market. The Jets also own the No. 9 overall pick in the draft -- West Virginia's Geno Smith and USC's Matt Barkley will likely be there if the Jets' new general manager wants to go that route.
Source: Rich Cimini on Twitter
Jan 8 - 11:27 AM

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/ ... d-lcl?rw=1
Image
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13579
(Past Year: 138)
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Steeler Nation!!!

Re: Mark Sanchez - 2013 starter???

Postby m16a » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:27 am

Hasn't proven he can do a thing. If they let him start again, I'll almost begin feeling bad for NY fans. Almost.
Image
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 5361
(Past Year: 37)
Joined: 22 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere in PA

Re: Mark Sanchez - 2013 starter???

Postby stomperrob » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:15 pm

m16a wrote:Hasn't proven he can do a thing. If they let him start again, I'll almost begin feeling bad for NY fans. Almost.


Aw, Jets fans wouldn't be happy if they didn't have something to complain about! :-b
Image
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13579
(Past Year: 138)
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Steeler Nation!!!

Re: Mark Sanchez - 2013 starter???

Postby Dawinner127 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:23 pm

He sucks!!! The Jets absolutely ruined him. There were flashes of what he could be but having a defensive minded coach who knows little to nothing about offense destroyed him. He really needs a new destination, but with that cap figure - I doubt it happens in the '13 season.

If he is somehow the starter next year, you can bet your bottom dollar that the stadium will be E-M-P-T-Y! EMPTY! EMPTY! EMPTY!
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6207
(Past Year: 71)
Joined: 15 Aug 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New Jersey

Re: Mark Sanchez - 2013 starter???

Postby portisfan24 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:52 pm

With the Jets being in salary cap hell next year, you have to think they let Sanchize and McElroy duke it out for the starting job. I'm not seeing how they can afford a Matt Flynn/Alex Smith type. I guess they could draft one, but all the commentary I've seen is that its a pretty weak class for QBs. Good luck Rex!
Image
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6196
Joined: 4 May 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Canada

Re: Mark Sanchez - 2013 starter???

Postby Dawinner127 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:12 pm

portisfan24 wrote:With the Jets being in salary cap hell next year, you have to think they let Sanchize and McElroy duke it out for the starting job. I'm not seeing how they can afford a Matt Flynn/Alex Smith type. I guess they could draft one, but all the commentary I've seen is that its a pretty weak class for QBs. Good luck Rex!

The cap isn't as bad as people are making it out to be. Before cuts, yeah - they look like they're in trouble, but Pace, Scott, and Eric Smith will be cut this offseason.This will put the Jets under the cap by about 8M then they have a 6 mil carry over from last year. Include Tebow in their and you're at about 15M under.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6207
(Past Year: 71)
Joined: 15 Aug 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New Jersey

Re: Mark Sanchez - 2013 starter???

Postby moochman » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:00 pm

So Dawinner, acting as our Jets Cafe insider, what happened to Sanchize. I remember mild debates about who was the better QB, he or Stafford. When, how, why did it all fall apart and can in be put back together? How much responsibilty falls at the feet of Ryan? Who I still can't believe they didn't fire. QBs are so hard to come by it is hard to just give up on someone with such promise.

Were I gm, my actions would have included dumping Tebow and Ryan. Getting rid of Holmes immediately, or am I mistaken to think he was much more a part of the problem than a solution? I might even hire a Mornhenwig or Martz to try and get the passing game into gear.
Hope they can get this turned around, hate having another lost franchise in my beloved league.
Image


I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16302
(Past Year: 82)
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Living in the shame only a Lions fan knows

Re: Mark Sanchez - 2013 starter???

Postby Dawinner127 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:48 pm

moochman wrote:So Dawinner, acting as our Jets Cafe insider, what happened to Sanchize. I remember mild debates about who was the better QB, he or Stafford. When, how, why did it all fall apart and can in be put back together? How much responsibilty falls at the feet of Ryan? Who I still can't believe they didn't fire. QBs are so hard to come by it is hard to just give up on someone with such promise.

Were I gm, my actions would have included dumping Tebow and Ryan. Getting rid of Holmes immediately, or am I mistaken to think he was much more a part of the problem than a solution? I might even hire a Mornhenwig or Martz to try and get the passing game into gear.
Hope they can get this turned around, hate having another lost franchise in my beloved league.


It's year 4 and he is still making the same mistakes as a rookie. He can't read a defense, he is inaccurate with his throws, and doesn't protect the football at all. It doesn't help that he has constantly had different WRs each year, but that isn't an excuse. Look at all these young QBs who are playing well: Luck, RG3, Cam, and even Wilson. Sanchez was a top 5 pick, he was expected to be on the levels of these guys. It's beyond me how Matt Cavanaugh (recently fired), had a job for as long as he did when Sanchez had clearly regressed. If you want an example of how not to groom a QB, look at what the Jets organization did.

Tebow will be cut immediately -- especially with it helping the $1.5 million. Him being brought into the Jets organization was clearly a publicity stunt and the owners way of getting the headlines back from the reining Superbowl Champs.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6207
(Past Year: 71)
Joined: 15 Aug 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New Jersey

Re: Mark Sanchez - 2013 starter???

Postby joejlitz » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:24 am

Dawinner127 wrote:It's beyond me how Matt Cavanaugh (recently fired), had a job for as long as he did when Sanchez had clearly regressed.

From the outside looking in, it appears to me that Rex is unable to fire/bench people that he personally likes (I'm talking about Sanchez here too). No guts. Too much unfounded belief that his buddies either aren't the problem or can turn it around.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
Image
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 7050
(Past Year: 37)
Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Home Cafe: Football
Location: G-14 Classified

Re: Mark Sanchez - 2013 starter???

Postby Dawinner127 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:43 pm

joejlitz wrote:
Dawinner127 wrote:It's beyond me how Matt Cavanaugh (recently fired), had a job for as long as he did when Sanchez had clearly regressed.

From the outside looking in, it appears to me that Rex is unable to fire/bench people that he personally likes (I'm talking about Sanchez here too). No guts. Too much unfounded belief that his buddies either aren't the problem or can turn it around.


You are 100% right. However, I wouldn't say he has no guts -- I just think he is way to loyal to his guys. A great example would be -- Bart "Can't Wait... to see you off my team" Scott.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6207
(Past Year: 71)
Joined: 15 Aug 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New Jersey

Next

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 21:31 hours
(and 35 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact