Witten for Josh Gordon or Kendall Wright? WHIR! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Witten for Josh Gordon or Kendall Wright? WHIR!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Witten for Josh Gordon or Kendall Wright? WHIR!

Postby ollie7585 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:42 am

I have Gronk at TE so Witten is a spare part.

At WR I have Percy, Roddy, Larry, Denarius, and Broyles. I can only keep 10 players total, so 5 WR would be the upper limit. Is either of Gordon or Wright a substantive upgrade over Moore/Broyles?
ollie7585
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Witten for Josh Gordon or Kendall Wright? WHIR!

Postby daullaz » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:16 pm

I would probably keep one of those guys over Moore -- leaning toward Wright.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mycuccismells » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:02 pm

The short answer is yes, Gordon and Wright both have more potential upside than Moore. Moore hasn't been as productive as he should be and has been injured often, still has potential but higher risk.

The long answer is that i still dont think that this is a great deal. With tight end in the condition it is in i think Witten is a pretty valuable piece to have, not for you but he should bring more value back. If Tony G retires next year you have Gronk/Graham in tier 1, Hernandez and Witten in tier 2, and then about 10 other guys below them. Having one of those top 4 guys you can rely on to get you at least 8 points almost every single week is a nice luxury to have and i think its more valuable than a WR4-WR5 type of guy.

I understand Witten is getting old and in a keeper league that allows you to keep 10 guys that hurts his value a bit, but have you tested the market a bit more? Assuming you have all offseason to figure this out i may wait it out and see if you can get a better offer, i know i would give you one if i was in your league and without a TE
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 378)

Postby ollie7585 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:15 pm

There are only 3-4 teams in the market at the moment. Most teams have a youngin (Rudolph, Gresham, Pettigrew) that they are holding out hope for. The same owner with Gordon/Wright has Bowe/Maclin. Would a Witten/Moore/picks? package for one of these guys be the right play?
ollie7585
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby toof90 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:25 pm

I think you can do better than Gordon and Wright for Witten. I know he's old but Witten is a stud.

Honestly, if there's a flex position (W/R/T) that you can start Witten and Gronk at the same time I would just keep them both.

If you really have no choices besides Josh Gordon or Kendall Wright I think I'd go with Josh Gordon, he has more upside IMO and although both were rookies last year Gordon is a couple years younger than Wright.

Hope I helped.
Please help me? : viewtopic.php?t=533195
toof90
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 9)

Postby ollie7585 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:36 pm

I think I'm leaning towards keeping him at the moment. We don't have a flex, but a Witten level TE is still a lot harder to come by than a boom/bust WR3. I still have 8 months for someone to make a better offer.
ollie7585
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mycuccismells » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:39 pm

ollie7585 wrote:There are only 3-4 teams in the market at the moment. Most teams have a youngin (Rudolph, Gresham, Pettigrew) that they are holding out hope for. The same owner with Gordon/Wright has Bowe/Maclin. Would a Witten/Moore/picks? package for one of these guys be the right play?

I think Witten/Moore for Bowe straight up is the route i would try and take. This partially depends on whether Bowe gets moved or if the Chiefs bring in a capable QB to work under Reid. He loves to chuck the ball around and considering they have a dynamic RB and not many other receivers this could mean to 10+ targets a game for Bowe. 10 targets from one of their current QBs means nothing but 10 targets from anyone worth their salt means top 10 WR fantasy production.
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 378)

Postby toof90 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:02 pm

ollie7585 wrote:I think I'm leaning towards keeping him at the moment. We don't have a flex, but a Witten level TE is still a lot harder to come by than a boom/bust WR3. I still have 8 months for someone to make a better offer.

Good.
Wait it out, Im sure there will be someone else interested in a guy that just caught 110 passes last season ;-D
toof90
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby ollie7585 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:31 pm

I still haven't moved Witten and it seems that I can get Blackmon for Witten + pieces. Is this the right move?
ollie7585
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby toof90 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:59 pm

ollie7585 wrote:I still haven't moved Witten and it seems that I can get Blackmon for Witten + pieces. Is this the right move?

depends what the "pieces" are
toof90
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions