RB's....where are you? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

RB's....where are you?

Moderator: Football Moderators

RB's....where are you?

Postby bungle613 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:50 am

I think I have figured out all the team situations at RB but am a llittle bit baffled by the following...

Cincy - BGE and Scott. Cincy is already on record saying they want a game changing back. Scott is a FA and is gone after another year of Mr. Fragile. Issue is... there is not likely a game changing back in the draft this year. Dan Herron worth a look?

Indy - An entire team of mediocre RB's. Brown, Ballard, Carter etc...

Arizona - Beanie may be gone leaving Williams and Powell neither of them really say to me...workhorse.

Pitt - a team we sued to be able to trust for a RB...now just crud. Dwyer and Redman will be around but MEndy is likely gone. Dwyer and Redman ain't very good is the issue.

Green Bay - Same as Indy...miles and miles of crap. Starks, Harris, Green etc... all just mediocre to poor NFL caliber RB's.

Carolina - Left my favourite for last. Year 53 of the Stewart/Williams debate. WTF are these idiots going to do this year?

Any insight you want to offer is appreciated. Are any of these guys going to be worthwhile next year? Are all these teams once again going to draft yet another mediocre RB to add to the stable?
Image
Image
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 10988
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 31 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: straight ahead, hang a left, look down

Re: RB's....where are you?

Postby Guru13 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:09 pm

Cincy - I'm as lost as you. The law firm is consistent but not terribly talented, Scott is worthless and to me Herron is as mediocre as Green-Ellis. I think Giovani Bernard will be a decent player, he's very quick with a lot of good moves and they could target him in the second if he makes it that far.

Indy - I think Ballard will be decent. He's a north-south runner that will benefit from defenses focusing on Luck.

Arizona - I guess they're gonna lean on Williams despite his injury history. If he could stay healthy he's a talented back that could contribute.

Pitt - I like Dwyer personally. I like him when he came out, he's just (in my opinion) needed a few years to figure out a real offense since he came out of a triple option in college. Obviously the transition is easier for a running back then, say, a receiver but he's shown flashes.

Green Bay - ya they're all pretty terrible. I keep hoping Marc Tyler will work his way into the lineup but considering the lack of talent GB has at the position, the fact that he hasn't even been mentioned is a bit of a sign.

Carolina - one of these days they're going to get rid of Deangelo and JStew will be fantasy gold... if he can stay healthy.
Image
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9206
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 29 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Re: RB's....where are you?

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:23 am

Cinci - Law Firm's not special in any way, but he picks up the yards that are there and he has enough speed/vision to hit the holes that are there, get to the outside, etc. I see no reason why he wouldn't be the guy next year. If Cinci brings in someone I don't think they take the job from him.

Indy - Honestly, all of the guys in that backfield have some talent, but they are all completely replaceable at the same time. I agree with those who say Ballard probably gets the lion's share of the work, but I bet there ends up being some sort of timeshare here and I also think that timeshare could easily change as the season goes on.

Arizona- Williams had quite a bit of talent. If he can stay healthy he'll be the man. Is LSH going to be around? If so I would expect him to take 3rd downs, either way Williams is the man you'll want to care about for fantasy purposes I'd think. I'll be interested to see if Arizona does anything to bulk up the O-Line in the next 6 months (I would hope they would).

Pitt - I like Dwyer too, I think he's significantly better than Redman. QUestion is, will Tomlin agree? I'd still take Dwyer and just hope that he's able to prove himself to Tomlin.

Green Bay - trash. Nothing to see here in my opinion. However, this is one team I could see drafting a RB. Any reason they wouldn't go after Bernard in the first? Their O-Line isn't great either but it seems like a dynamic RB could really do some good here.

Carolina - as long as they have J-Stew, D-Will, and Cam, no RB in Carolina will have value. I'd say when one of them has a job, they can be an RB #2, but Cam steals so much rushing (especially goal-line work) that it makes it hard to really like either one. If you have to pick one I say J-Stew still, but I'd rather not get involved.
buffalobillsrul2002
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant


Posts: 635
Joined: 17 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: RB's....where are you?

Postby daullaz » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:40 am

buffalobillsrul2002 wrote:Green Bay - trash. Nothing to see here in my opinion. However, this is one team I could see drafting a RB. Any reason they wouldn't go after Bernard in the first? Their O-Line isn't great either but it seems like a dynamic RB could really do some good here.


GB doesn't spend resources on the RB position, and they have no reason to start now, as they've put together some pretty good teams (including a SB winner) without doing so. If they do draft a back, it'll probably be someone on day three, or at best a third-rounder. If they don't trade out of the first round, I see them going OL, a 3-4 DE, a 3-4 OLB or even WR (Jennings gone, Jones gone in '14) or possibly TE. The best value will probably be at five technique, with someone like Alabama's Jesse Williams or UNC's Sylvester Williams, if they don't fall in love with a WR (I assume Keenan Allen will be long gone).
Image
Image
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3107
(Past Year: 38)
Joined: 17 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Cave

Re: RB's....where are you?

Postby Guru13 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:30 am

daullaz wrote:
buffalobillsrul2002 wrote:Green Bay - trash. Nothing to see here in my opinion. However, this is one team I could see drafting a RB. Any reason they wouldn't go after Bernard in the first? Their O-Line isn't great either but it seems like a dynamic RB could really do some good here.


GB doesn't spend resources on the RB position, and they have no reason to start now, as they've put together some pretty good teams (including a SB winner) without doing so. If they do draft a back, it'll probably be someone on day three, or at best a third-rounder. If they don't trade out of the first round, I see them going OL, a 3-4 DE, a 3-4 OLB or even WR (Jennings gone, Jones gone in '14) or possibly TE. The best value will probably be at five technique, with someone like Alabama's Jesse Williams or UNC's Sylvester Williams, if they don't fall in love with a WR (I assume Keenan Allen will be long gone).

Even with Jennings gone I think the Packers are deep enough at the position to hold off until later in the draft to take a receiver. Apparently they really like Boykin. I think it's a linebacker. They obviously saw it as a need in last year's draft and they haven't improved as much as I bet they would've liked. Plus it's a deep draft at the position, both inside and outside linebackers. If Eifert is there they could snag him, Finley hasn't developed like they thought he would. Totally agree they won't take a running back though, just not Green Bay's style.

Also I don't think that Cam hurts JStew or DWill's values. At the goal-line maybe but running quarterbacks tend to open things up for RBs. Look at McGahee last year and both Alfred Morris and Marshawn Lynch this year.
Image
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9206
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 29 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Re: RB's....where are you?

Postby Free John Beck » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:37 am

what about Atlanta? assuming Turner is let go, is Rodgers capable of being the lead back occasionally spelled by Snelling, or do the Falcons bring in a RB?
Free John Beck
Water Boy
Water Boy


Posts: 73
Joined: 6 Sep 2011
Home Cafe: Football

Re: RB's....where are you?

Postby moochman » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:35 pm

Free John Beck wrote:what about Atlanta? assuming Turner is let go, is Rodgers capable of being the lead back occasionally spelled by Snelling, or do the Falcons bring in a RB?


I would think the answer would be yes. They would be negligent not to pick up another RB, either thru the draft or free agency. Heck, how old is Snelling?
Image


I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16300
(Past Year: 80)
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Living in the shame only a Lions fan knows

Re: RB's....where are you?

Postby joejlitz » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:19 am

Guru13 wrote:Also I don't think that Cam hurts JStew or DWill's values. At the goal-line maybe but running quarterbacks tend to open things up for RBs. Look at McGahee last year and both Alfred Morris and Marshawn Lynch this year.

JStew and DWill's values are only slightly greater than a bag of footballs, regardless of who plays QB for the Carolina Panthers.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
Image
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 7050
(Past Year: 37)
Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Home Cafe: Football
Location: G-14 Classified

Re: RB's....where are you?

Postby moochman » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:02 pm

joejlitz wrote:
Guru13 wrote:Also I don't think that Cam hurts JStew or DWill's values. At the goal-line maybe but running quarterbacks tend to open things up for RBs. Look at McGahee last year and both Alfred Morris and Marshawn Lynch this year.

JStew and DWill's values are only slightly greater than a bag of footballs, regardless of who plays QB for the Carolina Panthers.


Stunning to think how they kept both RB only to get so little out of them.
Image


I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16300
(Past Year: 80)
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Living in the shame only a Lions fan knows

Re: RB's....where are you?

Postby daullaz » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:57 pm

Atlanta and Steven Jackson seem like a perfect match, right? He gets a shot at a title, they get a back who looks like he still has something left in the tank. As long as they can protect themselves with a contract that can be voided after 1-2 years, seems like a smart move to make.
Image
Image
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3107
(Past Year: 38)
Joined: 17 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Cave


Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 15:15 hours
(and 44 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact