RB's??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

RB's???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: RB's???

Postby stomperrob » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:03 am

Profootballtalk.com reports the Lions are the "likely winners" on free agent Reggie Bush.

Bush to Detroit has been perhaps the second worst-kept secret of free agency, behind only Mike Wallace to Miami. PFT's Mike Florio reports Bush would push Mikel Leshoure for the Lions' starting job, and the two would definitely work in tandem. If the Cardinals feel they've lost out on Bush, Bruce Arians' club could begin to put a full-court press on free agent Rashard Mendenhall.
Related: Cardinals, Lions
Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports
Mar 12 - 10:15 AM

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl ... layer-news
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby stomperrob » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:25 pm

Lions agreed to terms with RB Reggie Bush, formerly of the Dolphins, on a four-year contract.
One of the worst kept secrets of free agency is no more. Bush provides some desperately needed big-play ability to a running back corps that simply didn't threaten defenses last season. Yahoo's Jason Cole has reported the Lions are hoping to make Bush a "full-time," three-down back. That could be a dicey proposition for a player with Bush's injury history, but he'll undoubtedly lead the Lions' backfield in touches so long as he stays healthy. An elite pass-catching back joining the league's most pass-happy offense, Bush is going to have a monster PPR ceiling in 2013. We would call Bush the favorite to lead all NFL running backs in receptions this season.
Related: Dolphins
Source: Tim Twentyman on Twitter
Mar 13 - 1:16 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3600/reggie-bush
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:52 pm

Have to admit I am stunned by Bush signing with the Leos. Also more than a bit leerly of his value to this team. The last thing I want to hear about a Lions acquisition is "so long as he stays healthy". Hey Mayhem, ever hear of learning?
Hope he does alright, his skill set is perfect for the Lions, but...

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby stomperrob » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:33 pm

This would be good news for one of my dynasty teams if it was to unfold thusly! :-?

Reggie Bush could catch 80 passes, Jim Schwartz says
By Dan Hanzus
Around the League Writer
Published: April 9, 2013 at 10:27 p.m.
Updated: April 9, 2013 at 10:46 p.m.

With the Detroit Lions, Reggie Bush has a chance to be a central part of the offense -- both as a rusher and a receiver.

Lions coach Jim Schwartz made that clear Tuesday, when he said the dynamic running back could finish with 60 to 80 receptions in 2013, according to Tim Twentyman of the Lions' team site.

Bush always has been a player whose perceived value tends to fall short of actual production, but he has a shot to match Schwartz's expectations in Detroit. After all, Bush had 88 catches as a rookie with the New Orleans Saints in 2006.

Bush's production as a receiver tailed off in recent seasons, but we wouldn't put that on a depreciation of his skill-set. Put it this way: If the immortal Joique Bell could manage 52 catches last season, we feel comfortable setting that as a baseline for Bush.

The question goes back to durability. Schwartz has talked Bush up as someone who can run the ball, catch the ball, even do damage on special teams.

It's easy to get excited about a player with the versatile talents of Bush. Knowing how to properly deploy him is part of the trick.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... wartz-says
stomperrob

Postby moochman » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:27 pm

stomperrob wrote:This would be good news for one of my dynasty teams if it was to unfold thusly! :-?

Reggie Bush could catch 80 passes, Jim Schwartz says
By Dan Hanzus
Around the League Writer
Published: April 9, 2013 at 10:27 p.m.
Updated: April 9, 2013 at 10:46 p.m.

With the Detroit Lions, Reggie Bush has a chance to be a central part of the offense -- both as a rusher and a receiver.

Lions coach Jim Schwartz made that clear Tuesday, when he said the dynamic running back could finish with 60 to 80 receptions in 2013, according to Tim Twentyman of the Lions' team site.

Bush always has been a player whose perceived value tends to fall short of actual production, but he has a shot to match Schwartz's expectations in Detroit. After all, Bush had 88 catches as a rookie with the New Orleans Saints in 2006.

Bush's production as a receiver tailed off in recent seasons, but we wouldn't put that on a depreciation of his skill-set. Put it this way: If the immortal Joique Bell could manage 52 catches last season, we feel comfortable setting that as a baseline for Bush.

The question goes back to durability. Schwartz has talked Bush up as someone who can run the ball, catch the ball, even do damage on special teams.

It's easy to get excited about a player with the versatile talents of Bush. Knowing how to properly deploy him is part of the trick.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... wartz-says

I read that and a chill went down my spine. Visions of Joey Blueskies dumping passes off in 2.1 seconds come to mind. Schwartz comes from oe of the pathetic play not to lose coaching fraternities. He envisions dumping passes (re: Joey Blueskies) to Bush quickly as Matt Blueskies reads that the D has 'taken away' anything to Megatron. This can not be an easy read for Megatron owners.
Yes, preseason paranoia has ate into my brain. :-b

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Previous

Return to Detroit Lions