UPDATED (1/13) Jon Baldwin Trade (WHIR) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

UPDATED (1/13) Jon Baldwin Trade (WHIR)

Moderator: Football Moderators

UPDATED (1/13) Jon Baldwin Trade (WHIR)

Postby toof90 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:35 pm

The guy actually declined the 1st trade of pick 1.13 for Baldwin straight up

He countered with:

CB Aqib Talib (Bucs)
LB Jerrell Freeman (colts)

for
WR Jon Baldwin

I dont mind the offer but Im very weak at LB. And Freeman was a stud this season in fantasy.

My CBs are Talib, Revis, and Sean Smith
My LBs are James Harrison, Jerrell Freeman, and Stehpen Nicholas (falcons)
My WRs are Crabtree, Josh Morgan, and Kevin Ogletree, so I need another WR pretty badly.

You guys think I should do this?
Thanks, WHIR 100%
Last edited by toof90 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
toof90
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Jon Baldwin or 1.13? (WHIR)

Postby portisfan24 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:55 pm

I would do it. Sure Baldwin is a question mark, but the 13th pick in a rookie draft is basically a lottery. All signs point to KC making a change at QB, and who knows how long Bowe sticks around?
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby daullaz » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:59 pm

I kind of like that pick for you over Baldwin. I'm projecting some solid talent available at WR for you. At the very least you should be able to get one of the 4-5 QBs in discussion for top-rated this year, no small consolation in a 32-teamer.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby toof90 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:34 pm

daullaz wrote:I kind of like that pick for you over Baldwin. I'm projecting some solid talent available at WR for you. At the very least you should be able to get one of the 4-5 QBs in discussion for top-rated this year, no small consolation in a 32-teamer.

Well I have Joe Flacco at QB, which is pretty good considering its a 32 team league and he has good job security.
That is a good idea though, maybe I'll draft one of those Qbs and trade him for more.
toof90
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby murphysxm » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:43 pm

I'd gamble on Baldwin. Reid is going to throw the ball and the physical skills are there for Baldwin
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby duffoholic » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:05 am

murphysxm wrote:I'd gamble on Baldwin. Reid is going to throw the ball and the physical skills are there for Baldwin

Just for the record, Reid isn't going to throw the ball. Currently, Cassle or Quinn are going to throw the ball. KC hasn't had a QB in a LONG time and if you look at Andy Reid's track record over the last decade, QB's don't exactly flourish under him. He has had a couple guys have good seasons only to fall apart as the years progress (Vick, McNabb). That being said, Baldwin could be a nice playing in a dynasty league. Personally I'd take my chances with a rookie but it is really about what direction you feel the Chiefs organization is going to heading in the next couple years. As a Jamaal Charles owner, I sure hope they get better on offence... sigh.
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 421)

Postby toof90 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:26 pm

The guy actually declined it.
He countered with:

CB Aqib Talib (Bucs)
LB Jerrell Freeman (colts)

for
WR Jon Baldwin

I dont mind the offer but Im very weak at LB. And Freeman was a stud this season in fantasy.

My CBs are Talib, Revis, and Sean Smith
My LBs are James Harrison, Jerrell Freeman, and Stehpen Nicholas (falcons)
My WRs are Crabtree, Josh Morgan, and Kevin Ogletree, so I need another WR pretty badly.

You guys think I should do this?
toof90
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: UPDATED (1/13) Jon Baldwin Trade (WHIR)

Postby toof90 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:05 pm

I could still use some advice on this, his offer is still standing.
but I personally think Im giving too much, just wanted other peoples opinions
toof90
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: UPDATED (1/13) Jon Baldwin Trade (WHIR)

Postby daullaz » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:01 pm

LBs are probably a little easier to find than WRs, so I can see you taking this if you're super worried with your WR crew. However, I can see KC bringing in either a FA or an early draft pick to play the role of No. 1, and I don't think Reid's going to find a good enough QB this offseason to give value to two WRs in fantasy (and maybe not even one). I'd pass.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions