Dexter McCluster and Andy Reid - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Dexter McCluster and Andy Reid

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dexter McCluster and Andy Reid

Postby joejlitz » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:33 am

One nugget regarding Andy Reid and the Chiefs: The Eagles were said to be in- fatuated with WR-RB Dexter McCluster coming out of Ole Miss in 2010 before the Chiefs drafted him near the top of Round Two. It’s very likely Reid has ideas of how to use McCluster, who has been versatile but hardly dynamic in his three pro seasons to date.


Source: Pro Football Weekly
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
Image
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 7050
(Past Year: 37)
Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Home Cafe: Football
Location: G-14 Classified

Re: Dexter McCluster and Andy Reid

Postby murphysxm » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:02 am

I saw that, but I can't see how Reid would overlook how much better Charles is. McCluster is a gimmick that will get 3-5 touches a game, but those touches will probably be good ones.h
Image
murphysxm
Moderator
Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2596
(Past Year: 212)
Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Indianapolis

Re: Dexter McCluster and Andy Reid

Postby moochman » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:53 pm

Having not watched much of the Chiefs this year I don't know how well he may have looked or what problems he had, but wasn't the plan for Dexter to play more at WR? Could Reid be thinking of him being a slot receiver? Again, talking right out of my fantasy arse. Just intrigued at the thought of what he could do should Reid find a QB.
Image


I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16302
(Past Year: 82)
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Living in the shame only a Lions fan knows

Re: Dexter McCluster and Andy Reid

Postby Guru13 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:55 pm

moochman wrote:Having not watched much of the Chiefs this year I don't know how well he may have looked or what problems he had, but wasn't the plan for Dexter to play more at WR? Could Reid be thinking of him being a slot receiver? Again, talking right out of my fantasy arse. Just intrigued at the thought of what he could do should Reid find a QB.

McCluster's most natural position is in the slot without a doubt, or at least that's how I see it. He's been substantially more effective in that role too.
Image
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9206
Joined: 29 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Dexter McCluster and Andy Reid

Postby moochman » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:02 pm

Guru13 wrote:
moochman wrote:Having not watched much of the Chiefs this year I don't know how well he may have looked or what problems he had, but wasn't the plan for Dexter to play more at WR? Could Reid be thinking of him being a slot receiver? Again, talking right out of my fantasy arse. Just intrigued at the thought of what he could do should Reid find a QB.

McCluster's most natural position is in the slot without a doubt, or at least that's how I see it. He's been substantially more effective in that role too.


Has Reid had any history of getting production out of the slot position? I love a good coaching change. Opens up so many possibilities :-b
Image


I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16302
(Past Year: 82)
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Living in the shame only a Lions fan knows

Re: Dexter McCluster and Andy Reid

Postby joejlitz » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:38 pm

moochman wrote:
Guru13 wrote:
moochman wrote:Having not watched much of the Chiefs this year I don't know how well he may have looked or what problems he had, but wasn't the plan for Dexter to play more at WR? Could Reid be thinking of him being a slot receiver? Again, talking right out of my fantasy arse. Just intrigued at the thought of what he could do should Reid find a QB.

McCluster's most natural position is in the slot without a doubt, or at least that's how I see it. He's been substantially more effective in that role too.


Has Reid had any history of getting production out of the slot position?I love a good coaching change. Opens up so many possibilities :-b

Jason Avant had some excellent production for 2 years out of the slot on 3rd down. He always seemed to pick up the first on 3rd and long. But besides those 2 years I can't recall much else.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
Image
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 7050
(Past Year: 37)
Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Home Cafe: Football
Location: G-14 Classified

Re: Dexter McCluster and Andy Reid

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:56 pm

joejlitz wrote:
moochman wrote:
Guru13 wrote:McCluster's most natural position is in the slot without a doubt, or at least that's how I see it. He's been substantially more effective in that role too.


Has Reid had any history of getting production out of the slot position?I love a good coaching change. Opens up so many possibilities :-b

Jason Avant had some excellent production for 2 years out of the slot on 3rd down. He always seemed to pick up the first on 3rd and long. But besides those 2 years I can't recall much else.


Did Kevin Curtis play the slot? I seem to remember him in the slot a lot, but I don't remember if that was more in St. Louis or Philly. I think Reid will certainly get McCluster involved, how relevant he'll end up being for fantasy could become a different story. Is it also possible McCluster could also get a couple series a game as a wildcat QB with Charles alongside him in the backfield? He did a lot of that at Ole Miss.
buffalobillsrul2002
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant


Posts: 635
Joined: 17 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Dexter McCluster and Andy Reid

Postby stomperrob » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:35 am

Reid has big plans for McCluster
April 6
By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star


Andy Reid wanted to draft Dexter McCluster in 2010, when Reid coached the Philadelphia Eagles and McCluster was coming out of college at Mississippi.

The Chiefs got to McCluster instead, taking him with a pick early in the second round. But it’s no coincidence that one of Reid’s favorite topics since joining the Chiefs in January as their new coach is McCluster and what he can do for the Chiefs on offense as a receiver and a runner and on special teams.

“He’s not the biggest guy in the world, but he’s got a heart of a lion,” Reid said. “He’s got that … tremendous quickness and can catch. He’s pretty good at running the football, so there is a place for him. You line him up everywhere. You can move him around and kind of do some unique things with him.

“I like McCluster. I think he’s a good football player and he has a role on this football team. I’ve got some things in mind for him.”

This wouldn’t be the first time that the Chiefs had big plans for McCluster. But he has only infrequently lived up to them.

His signature play from his three seasons with the Chiefs came in his first regular-season game when he returned a punt for a touchdown to spark a victory over San Diego. Otherwise, McCluster has 119 catches, 657 rushing yards and four touchdowns, but few big plays of the game-changing variety.

con't...

more: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/04/06/41 ... uster.html
Image
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13579
(Past Year: 138)
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Steeler Nation!!!


Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 0:35 hours
(and 35 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact