RG3 of Kaepernick - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

RG3 of Kaepernick

Moderator: Football Moderators

RG3 of Kaepernick

Postby prophetman13 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:15 pm

Keeper league. I can keep Kaepernick at $10 or RG3 at $24. $200 auction keeper league.

Who should I keep, can only keep one. Kaepernick or RG3?
prophetman13
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: RG3 of Kaepernick

Postby duffoholic » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:19 am

If the playoff success continues for Kaep, this decision keeps getting harder though. San Fran is looking like the most well rounded team in the league with great players in all kinds of skill positions on both sides of the ball which bodes well for Kaep too. If the defence and run game keep him from having to win too many games with his legs he will avoid more of the injury type scenarios that got RGIII hurt this season since he will be happy to run out of bounds or throw the ball away. The one big issue I have with Kaep are his fumbles. He needs to get that under control to be a long term QB in the league.

If you have to decide tonight, Kaep might be the guy! If you can wait to see how RGIII's rehab is coming along through the offseason, I would still take RGIII over Kaep long term at this point though the 14$ savings between the two is great!
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 425)

Postby daullaz » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:03 am

I'd have to say Kaepernick. 2013 is sounding more and more like it'll be a lost year for Griffin, who I wouldn't expect back until the second half, and when he does come back, you might be getting the less-mobile version from late 2012. Not everyone is Adrian Peterson when it comes to recovering from this terrible injury.

I have Kaepernick as a backup in my 16-team dynasty, and I've been mulling offering him to the Griffin owner, but I came to the conclusion I'd rather have Kaepernick when considering the injury.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PatriotsGirl » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:24 pm

I still like RGIII for next year but that's me.
PatriotsGirl
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mycuccismells » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:48 am

Personally i would go with RG3. Kaep is looking good but you also have to remember it has only been a half of a season. Cam lit it up the first half of his rookie season and then had a big drop off, same with RG3 this year. Teams havent seen enough of Kaep yet to have him fall off but i think next year you will see him hit that wall a bit. The only reason i would consider Kaep is because he is cheaper, but im not very familiar with auction leagues so im not sure how big of a benefit that is.

What i would really do though is put them both on the market and try and see who you can get the most back for. Maybe you can get some auction dollars in return for one of them which would allow you to keep the other for free. Or maybe you get some auction dollars for one and then offer the other one and those auction dollars for a top 3 QB
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 361)

Postby Indibuck » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:23 am

prophetman13 wrote:Keeper league. I can keep Kaepernick at $10 or RG3 at $24. $200 auction keeper league.

Who should I keep, can only keep one. Kaepernick or RG3?

Welcome to the Cafe.

In your keeper scenario, I think Kaep has to be the guy. The upside is tremendous, and he's a 2013 bargain at $10. You can (and definitely should) add another QB in your auction.

Personally, I don't think we see the 2012 version of RG3 again until 2014. And if you can only keep one of the two, he ain't the guy.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 173)

Postby MadDog36 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:28 pm

Colin keep the money. See if you can trade RGIII for some help elsewhere. I'd take whatever cheap keeper you can get for him. WR/RB/TE stud whatever.
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 132)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby toof90 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:20 pm

Kaepernick

I think they can have the same level of production fantasy wise, but RG3 is more fragile, Kaep is bigger and more durable.
RG3 couldnt play a full season without tearing up his knee
toof90
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 9)

Postby srlarson » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:28 am

I keep Kap, simply because RGIII will have a difficult season next year....if he even has one.......Guessing he will miss 6-8 weeks and in most leagues that means he is undraftable......but I would draft him late....looking towards 2014...I know it means tying up a roster spot all year....but keep it open as an option...if you could get him for $1 or $2....huge keeper in 2014......
srlarson
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 26)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions