Week 3 Playoffs - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Week 3 Playoffs

Moderator: Football Moderators

Week 3 Playoffs

Postby wtr23 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:04 pm

My opponent got the short end of the stick this week, most of his team got wiped out this week and I snagged the best available options already. I would still like to know who you would be starting this week and why. Once again we start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, and 1 DEF. Leave a link and I'll help with yours ;-D

Here's my updated roster:

QB- Brady, Kaep, Ryan... had Flacco as well but felt sorry for my opponent who lost both Rodgers and Manning. Kaep is coming off a huge game but after watching the numbers Manning put up against the Ravens I like Brady once again.

RB- Rice, Ridley,Rodgers... benching Quizz against a strong run D
WR- White, Welker, Lloyd, Boldin, Smith... I see big numbers coming from welker and white once again, but the matchup for Boldin and Smith is tasty also.
TE- Gonzalez, Hernandez, Pitta... with Gronk done for the year I'm leaning towards Hernandez, may drop pitta to pick up an extra back or receiver.
K- Gostkowski, Akers... toss up, I wouldn't feel bad starting either one
DEF- NE, ATL... Im thinking neither score well but I'll take New England here.
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 242)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Week 3 Playoffs

Postby mycuccismells » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:01 pm

Never feel sorry for an opponent, go for the throat!!! That being said i would start:

Brady - Didn't have too shabby of a game himself, and that was after having to deal with 2 big pieces going down early
RB - Start your studs. Foster just showed that while the NE defense is better it can still be beat, especially by a receiving RB
WR - Welker is the must start of this group. After that it would probably depend on what you felt like you needed out of your second WR. If you want a consistent 8-10 pts i would go with White, if you want that 20 pt upside go with Smith.
TE - Hernandez is the better play but you are already starting 3 patriots so i could see starting Pitta (especially if you start Welker and White). Don't drop Pitta though, drop Gronk for that extra spot. Having Pitta and Hernandez means you are guaranteed a SB TE which is awesome
K - I would go with Akers for similar reason to the TE, you are starting a lot of NE offensive weapons and there are only so many points to go around. Plus you get Akers in a dome in what looks to be a high scoring contest
D - I would agree with your assessment, probably go with NE just because Rice has been fumbling and Flacco bound to throw a pick or two.
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 378)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Who to Start/Bench