Help me with my keepers! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions

Help me with my keepers!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Help me with my keepers!

Postby mycuccismells » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:52 am

Thats not a bad deal, i think you could do better but its not a bad deal. If you think everyone is going to keep the top 5 QBs then yeah its a really good deal, but if you think guys will keep their RBs and WRs and throw back their QBs then i wouldnt do this. If thats the case i would try and package these guys up for a WR/RB that is projected to go in the first 5-6 picks. You essentially have 2 of those guys so i would probably only settle for AP/Foster/Lynch/Calvin/Rice/McCoy/Charles.

The problem with trading them both for Rodgers, if other teams arent keeping QBs, is that you could probably get one of those top 5-6 QBs in the 2nd or 3rd round no problem and be in a similar spot. However if teams arent keeping QBs that means that the top 20 RBs and top 10WRs are going to be off the board (roughly) before the draft even starts. If you start with a QB and 2 RBs then you are going to be drafting second and third tier skill players while your opponents are still drafting 1st tier QBs.

Sure its not easy to figure out who everyone is keeping but by looking at teams and knowing their personalities you can get a bit of an idea. Also by looking at teams you can really try and find the teams that are weak on keepers. You said this team had Rodgers and no other top guys, find someone that has a stud RB or WR and no other top guys and then do a 2 for 1 with them instead. It fits a need for you but at the same time that need can be filled in the draft at less of a cost. The minimum amount of RBs you want to have is 3 that you feel comfortable starting because injuries and byes happen, having 3 top 10 guys is a luxury not a curse
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 358)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Norseman36 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:24 pm

I have had no luck trading any Richardson and Bryant for a first-rounder at all. Nobody trades in my league because everyone is afraid of getting trade-raped. It is super irritating. I guess I will probably just end up keeping all three RBs. Is that really a decent strategy, though? I am new to keeper leagues, but wouldn't it be more beneficial to keep Bryant instead of Richardson since I can only play 2 RBs at a time? I DON'T KNOW!

Thanks for the help everyone. It is much appreciated.
Norseman36
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby srlarson » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:56 am

Norse,

Keep the Three Rb's and don't look back.......you have strength in the weakest position always good for after draft trades. or worst case keep em and play the best two every week. RB's go down and much better to have a stud on the bench.....my recommendation is look for sleepers at the RB position, even if you have to take a little early...you have three solid you can fill your other RB spots with fliers.......Lattimore out of SC, whoever is going to get the fulltime job in GB, time to swing for the fences and try and hit the next Morris....you have that luxury with those three guys already on your team.

Good Luck!!
srlarson
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 26)

Postby MadDog36 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:56 am

Lattmore tore up his knee (tearing all 4 ligaments) I'm not sure if he'll even play again and if he does will he be an elite back? Willis McGahee proved you can be, still though Lattimore's injury is even worse.

Definitely keep the three RBs if you cannot trade Dez+TRich for Megatron I would be ok wtih the 3 Rbs.
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 134)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Norseman36 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:19 pm

Update: I got the 49ers fan in my league ready to give me Aaron Rodgers for Kaepernick and Richardson. This seems like an outstanding deal to me, what do you guys think? Rodgers, Martin, and Spiller for my 3 keepers, throw Dez back and see if I can't snatch him back up with my 5th overall pick?
Norseman36
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby mycuccismells » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:13 am

Norseman36 wrote:Update: I got the 49ers fan in my league ready to give me Aaron Rodgers for Kaepernick and Richardson. This seems like an outstanding deal to me, what do you guys think? Rodgers, Martin, and Spiller for my 3 keepers, throw Dez back and see if I can't snatch him back up with my 5th overall pick?

I would say that this is a good enough deal. Probably not outstanding in terms of straight up value, but considering you would be throwing one of these guys back its not bad. Although if you think about it Richardson is probably getting picked over Rodgers (or around the same time) in most redrafts so you arent necessarily improving all that much. The only reason i would consider this is because Rodgers fills a need and Richardson doesnt since you can only start 2 RB. Still would hole out for better though
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 358)

Previous

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions