Manti Te'o a liar? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Manti Te'o a liar?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Manti Te'o a liar?

Postby moochman » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:21 pm

News today on the incredible story of Manti Te'o and his relationship with his dying girlfriend reveals that she never existed. This according to Dead Spin, who apparently is now the last vestige of journalistic integrity. Link: http://deadspin.com/5976517/manti-teos- ... -is-a-hoax
This story brings so many questions to mind other than the obvious just how big a tool is Te'o?
The fabrication of such a story can only make one wonder why he thought he would get away with it and what he stood to gain.
How much did such a tear jerking story help his rise to the top teir in the Heisman race?
How much involvement did Manti have in perpetrating this lie?
Shouldn't a fact checker in the PR offices at Notre Dame have looked into such a great story, not only for Te'o, but the university?
Should SI or espn have taken a few moments to see if they could answer a simple question. Like, does this person exist?
Should their be an investigation to see just how many people were involved in this charade?
And what does this do to the draft value of a supposedly deeply faithfilled man who blatantly lies in such a manner.
Oh, and did the story start unravelling prior to the Bama game, where it could be argued that Te'o looked distracted?
Lastly, who will they try to blame for this as people try to wriggle away from the wreckage?
Anyway a pretty fantastical story, with many ramifications.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Manti Te'o a liar?

Postby stomperrob » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:37 pm

Mod note: Already a Te'o thread to which today's newss has been added: viewtopic.php?t=533176
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to College Football