2013 fantasy outlook for Fitz - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

2013 fantasy outlook for Fitz

Moderator: Football Moderators

2013 fantasy outlook for Fitz

Postby bandoogie » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:42 pm

Now that Arians is coach of the Cardinals, what do people hear think about Fitzgerald next year? I'm thinking about trading for him. Even with Kolb at the helm, he should be productive enough, and if they somehow upgrade at QB, the Fitz could potentially be elite again. Thoughts?
bandoogie
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 242)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 2013 fantasy outlook for Fitz

Postby Dawinner127 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:07 pm

Fitz production is all based on how the QB play is. IMO, it might be a little early to start guessing what his numbers would be like. Arizona needs a lot of help on the offensive side of the ball, especially at O-Line. If they can sure up that O-Line and not get Kolb killed (if he even remains the starting QB) then Fitz could be a solid WR1 again. I can say this though, I don't expect him to finish inside the top 5 in fantasy points: Those spots belong to Calvin, Marshall, Julio, AJ Green, and DThomas (in no order).
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby bandoogie » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:14 pm

Dawinner127 wrote:Fitz production is all based on how the QB play is. IMO, it might be a little early to start guessing what his numbers would be like. Arizona needs a lot of help on the offensive side of the ball, especially at O-Line. If they can sure up that O-Line and not get Kolb killed (if he even remains the starting QB) then Fitz could be a solid WR1 again. I can say this though, I don't expect him to finish inside the top 5 in fantasy points: Those spots belong to Calvin, Marshall, Julio, AJ Green, and DThomas (in no order).

Agrred. Granted all that, would you be willing to settle with him as your WR2 in a standard 2WR league w/ two flex spots?
bandoogie
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 242)

Postby 11stever11 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:18 am

I think Fitz is a WR2 next season, depending on his QB situation he could go higher though.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Postby moochman » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:58 pm

Yeah, you have to love his upside as a number two WR. If they shore up the O-line enough to keep any QB standing long enough to throw Fiiz could realize some of that upside.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Return to Football Talk