Moderator: Football Moderators

Titus Young - "Cut me!"

Postby stomperrob » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:15 pm

Titus Young to Detroit Lions: 'I'm tired of threats'
By Gregg Rosenthal
Around The League Editor
Published: Jan. 25, 2013 at 08:36 a.m.
Updated: Jan. 25, 2013 at 09:00 a.m.

Detroit Lions wide receiver Titus Young continues to try to get fired. Young threatened to quit earlier this week if he didn't get the football more, which caused Young's coach Jim Schwartz to say that the complaining wasn't such a good idea.

Yet Young was back at the keyboard again Friday.

"Oh I'm not done, if y'all going to cut me let me go. I'm tired of the threats," Young wrote on Twitter.

Young really needs an agent to tell him to stop. Even if Young truly wants out, this isn't the way to make it happen. It won't help him find a job elsewhere because clearly Young's maturity issues will follow him around the NFL.

"Guys are responsible for what they post, what they say," Schwartz said Wednesday. "You wear your uniform 24 hours a day now, everybody's aware of that. We obviously still got some ground to cover there."

con't...

more: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... of-threats

Yeah kid, this is all about you and nothing else matters - grow up!!! :-P :-t
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Titus Young - "Cut me!"

Postby scottaa1 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:21 pm

maybe he was quoting Rocky? "cut me mick!" !+) :-/
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby stomperrob » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:25 pm

scottaa1 wrote:maybe he was quoting Rocky? "cut me mick!" !+) :-/

:-b
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby murphysxm » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:51 pm

Dude is an idiot of the largest kind. My personal favorite was the quote about him never being a selfish player, but wanting the ball thrown to him more. I mean, why even bother throwing it to that Johnson guy on the other side of the field.....
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby stomperrob » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:48 pm

murphysxm wrote:Dude is an idiot of the largest kind. My personal favorite was the quote about him never being a selfish player, but wanting the ball thrown to him more. I mean, why even bother throwing it to that Johnson guy on the other side of the field.....

Kinda reminds me of Keyshawn Johnson and his "just give me the damn ball".
stomperrob

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:23 pm

Attitude is important as its a reflection on who you are as a person. He is talented but I think this will hinder his career. Many teams will avoid him because of this. But I think someone will give him a chance and he will do well.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby moochman » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:04 pm

stomperrob wrote:
murphysxm wrote:Dude is an idiot of the largest kind. My personal favorite was the quote about him never being a selfish player, but wanting the ball thrown to him more. I mean, why even bother throwing it to that Johnson guy on the other side of the field.....

Kinda reminds me of Keyshawn Johnson and his "just give me the damn ball".

yeah, except I don't remember hearing of Keyshawn jumping other receivers routes, sucker punching teammates in camp. Young is a nut, was in college, is now. A testament to Lions GM Mayhem's lack of due diligence. I liken the Young pick to Millen drafting Charles Rodgers despite storied of chronic pot use.
Which begs the question: If the apple doesn't fall from the tree, does the road apple not fall far from the.... Millen?

Anyway, I just wish people would stop threatening Titus!
That line scares me because it makes me wonder if mealy mouth Schwartz is telling Young to toe the line and he gets to stay on the team. The only threat should be "Keep your mouth shut and we won't bury you if other teams ask about you once we can cut your HOF butt"

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby dream_017 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:34 pm

There is no reason that he should still be on this team, if his bags are not packed waiting for him to pick up the day after the Super Bowl X-I X-I
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby stomperrob » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:25 pm

He gets his wish:

Titus Young released by Detroit Lions
By Kareem Copeland
Around the League Writer
Published: Feb. 4, 2013 at 04:09 p.m.
Updated: Feb. 4, 2013 at 05:07 p.m.

Titus Young has been given the big buh-bye -- the Detroit Lions announced Monday they have parted ways with the wide receiver.

His release was expected since Young had been disciplined several times by the Lions for behavioral problems.

Young was sent home during offseason training camp last summer after he sucker-punched teammate Louis Delmas. He was banished from the Lions twice more during the season after he purposely lined up in the wrong position against the Green Bay Packers in Week 11 and again for insubordination.

Even then, Young couldn't act right. He recently tweeted he didn't want to play if he didn't get the ball. Days later, Young tweeted, "Oh I'm not done, if y'all going to cut me let me go. I'm tired of the threats."

Ask and ye shall receive.

Young will count $900,000 against the cap in 2013. He was a second-round pick in 2011 with obvious talent and significant maturity issues. The Lions rolled the dice and crapped out. The organization couldn't continue to put up with his issues after his multitude of problems last offseason. Young finished with 81 receptions, 990 yards and 10 touchdowns in two seasons. There's no question that he has the physical talent necessary to play the NFL level.

con't...

more: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... roit-lions
stomperrob

Postby moochman » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:25 pm

the Lions rolled the dice and crapped out

My disgust runs too deep. Only the Lions would hire Millen jr, only the Lions wouldn't have fired the chip off the old Matt.
Titus Young, we hardly knew you. Stay out of trouble now.

Even money is with the Raiders signing him.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Next

Return to Detroit Lions