Jamaal Charles Alfred Morris Jimmy Graham - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Jamaal Charles Alfred Morris Jimmy Graham

Moderator: Football Moderators

Jamaal Charles Alfred Morris Jimmy Graham

Postby nickels2012 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:36 pm

I lost the championship after a great season with a stacked team. .5 PPR 3 keepers

I keep Tom Brady and Adrian peterson as my 1 and 2

3rd goes where you drafted him (and it moves up)

I went into the season with Jimmy Graham who is elite TE as my 3rd. I would HATE to give him up as Gronk is being kept and Gonzo retiring. It is a huge advantage having an elite TE. It was a down year for him and the saints though. Graham costs a 7th.

Jamaal Charles. Got him in a trade after his first stinker of a game to see him blow up vs the Saints. Up and down all year but a very strong finish. He costs a 3rd round pick to keep. I would like to trade him for a 3rd rd pick to a team in need of a 1rb as Charles would be the first pick of the draft next year and I am contemplating not keeping him!!

Alfred Morris. STEALLLl. He played great all year and gets every carry. RG3 was a bit of a vulture early on but not at the end and he ended the season with a 200 yard 3 td game just dominant. I worry about a soph slump or a Shannahannigans. Also RG3 will be out for the year and I worry he won't be as good but as it stands how do you not keep this kid? Costs a 9th

Sooo

Jamaal Charles 3rd rd
Jimmy Graham 7th
Alfred Morris 9th

Who do I keep?

I also have Russell Wilson on my bench but I am not getting rid of Tom Brady...

Do I keep Brady Peterson Alf and throw back Graham and Charles??

Trade Alf for a 3rd and keep graham and try and redraft Alf or charles (I pick 9th so i doubt it) I have McFadden targeted as my breakout comeback player to give me Charles speed and receptions...

Thoughts on how to manage this situation so I can come back and win the championship which has eluded me for years now???
10 Team H2H 3 Keeper Half PPR
QB Brady
RB Peterson
RB Charles
WR Demaryious Thomas
WR Jordy Nelson
TE Graham
FLEX Lacy
D/ST Bengals
K Vinatieri

QB Eli Manning Matt Ryan
RB Ellington
WR Torrey Smith Hilton Allen
TE Cameron
IR Vereen
nickels2012
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 17)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Jamaal Charles Alfred Morris Jimmy Graham

Postby Norseman36 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:26 am

Personally, I would keep Morris. This is my first year playing a keeper league, so I could be way off, but I would take Morris or maybe Charles. Since Morris only costs you a 9th rounder, he seems like the better keeper to me than Charles.
My two cents.
Norseman36
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Norseman36 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:27 am

Plus, the Chiefs have Andy Reid now. He likes to throw the ball waaaay too much and ignores great RBs like McCoy.
Norseman36
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby duffoholic » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:17 pm

I don't know what the dilemma is here...

Your options are:
Top 10 RB with inconsistency for a 3rd OR
Top 10 RB who is fairly consistent for a 9th.

There is no question. Keep Morris. Now going into the draft you have the three most valuable positions filled and just have to draft WR's and a TE with picks 3-5 before bolstering your RB stable.
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 421)

Postby PatriotsGirl » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:51 pm

I agree go with Morris.
PatriotsGirl
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby murphysxm » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:57 pm

in a redraft I would take Charles over Morris every time. However, with a 6 round difference you have to go with ALF here.
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby Indibuck » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:54 pm

Norseman36 wrote:Plus, the Chiefs have Andy Reid now. He likes to throw the ball waaaay too much and ignores great RBs like McCoy.

I actually think that Reid going to KC helps Charles in PPR leagues.

To the OP:

All three are good legit choices, but I like Morris for a 9th just slightly better than Graham for a 7th.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby tantrix1969 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:23 pm

Indibuck wrote:
Norseman36 wrote:Plus, the Chiefs have Andy Reid now. He likes to throw the ball waaaay too much and ignores great RBs like McCoy.

I actually think that Reid going to KC helps Charles in PPR leagues.

To the OP:

All three are good legit choices, but I like Morris for a 9th just slightly better than Graham for a 7th.

same here, while Reid has been hesitant to run the ball he has always kept his rbs more than relevant with their ppr numbers

that being said I'd keep Morris since he only costs a 9th
"When you watch him play, you’re like, ‘Oh God, he’s going to kill somebody,’ and that’s what I like about the young man.” ~ Jerome Henderson on Cowboys rookie safety J.J. Wilcox
tantrix1969
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 92)

Postby mycuccismells » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:36 am

duffoholic wrote:I don't know what the dilemma is here...

Your options are:
Top 10 RB with inconsistency for a 3rd OR
Top 10 RB who is fairly consistent for a 9th.

There is no question. Keep Morris. Now going into the draft you have the three most valuable positions filled and just have to draft WR's and a TE with picks 3-5 before bolstering your RB stable.

Hit the nail on the end, keepers are about value and Morris is the best value. Charles may have more upside and have a slightly higher ADP next year by about 3-4 spots, but you save 6 rounds by taking that slight downgrade. That being said i think you have 3 great keepers and in a 3 keeper league you should definitely be able to move some of them. I would keep Morris and try and trade the other 2 for picks but if someone throws out a great offer for Morris i wouldnt be against moving him. If you can do something like trade Morris+9th round pick for a 3rd round pick then you essentially get to keep Charles at that 9th round value if you like him more.
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 358)

Postby wtr23 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:51 pm

Morris is the best value here, if there's no shanahanigans next year I think he has top 10 potential. I class Charles in the same range, and with Reid coming to town I think that boosts his reception numbers. At the end of the day, the choice really is sacrificing the 3rd round pick or the 9th round pick. Gotta keep Morris here ;-D
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 224)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions