Rob Ryan - who wants him??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rob Ryan - who wants him???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rob Ryan - who wants him???

Postby stomperrob » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:29 pm

When twin brother Rex became a head coach, many predicted it wouldn't be long until Rob followed in his footsteps - it appears now that he is having trouble finding a job as a DC and may have to take a job as a position coach or possibly return to the college ranks.

Rob Ryan fails to land Rams' defensive coordinator job
By Larry Hartstein | CBSSports.com
January 29, 2013 12:04 pm ET

Five minutes is turning into the better part of a month.

Rob Ryan -- who bragged, “I'll be out of work for like five minutes” after being fired Jan. 8 as the Cowboys' defensive coordinator -- won't be joining the Rams as defensive coordinator.

The Rams announced Tuesday that “after extensive discussions involving defensive philosophy, the Rams and Rob Ryan agreed that he was not the right fit for the defensive coordinator position.”

Ryan came close to getting the Rams job. The Post-Dispatch reports the team nearly issued a press release announcing his hiring last Friday.

But the paper noted that Ryan runs 3-4 defenses and the Rams play a 4-3, and that Ryan's defenses finished in the top 10 only once in his nine seasons as a coordinator in Dallas, Cleveland and Oakland.

The Cowboys' injury-ravaged defense finished 19th in yards allowed (355.4) and 24th in points allowed (25.0) this season. Dallas managed 16 takeaways, which tied for 29th.

con't...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nfl-r ... inator-job
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 177)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rob Ryan - who wants him???

Postby moochman » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:48 pm

So has Ryan's 5 minutes turned into 14:59?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Re: Rob Ryan - who wants him???

Postby stomperrob » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:36 pm

Seems odd to call Rob Ryan a Saint!

New Orleans Saints hire Rob Ryan as their new defensive coordinator
y Larry Holder, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune
on February 09, 2013 at 8:09 AM, updated February 09, 2013 at 11:01 AM

The process took slightly longer than five minutes, but the New Orleans Saints have hired former Cowboys coordinator Rob Ryan as their new defensive coordinator to implement the Saints' new 3-4 scheme and to replace the fired Steve Spagnuolo. The team made an official announcement Saturday morning.

Saints Coach Sean Payton interviewed Ryan for the job on Friday in New Orleans. Ryan is the fourth defensive coordinator Payton has hired since coming to New Orleans in 2006 with the others being Gary Gibbs, Gregg Williams and Spagnuolo.

The Saints have also hired Stan Kwan as their new assistant special teams coach to replace Mike Mallory, who left this offseason to become the special teams coordinator in Jacksonville.

"I'm pleased the opportunity has presented itself for us to be able to add both Rob Ryan and Stan Kwan to our coaching staff," Payton said in a statement. "In regards to Rob, we have experience in preparing and playing against his defenses and they've always been challenging in terms of the different looks and pressures that they feature. We've had the chance to visit with each other and talk about our visions for our team and I'm excited about moving forward as we prepare for the 2013 season.

"Rob is enthusiastic about joining our team and getting right to work. Stan is a veteran coach that understands all nuances of the special teams games and will work closely with Greg McMahon. He has a wealth of knowledge and I believe he will be a good fit on our staff."

Ryan has been a defensive coordinator for three teams in the last nine seasons -- Dallas, Cleveland and Oakland. In a bit of a surprise move, the Cowboys fired Ryan in early January after only two years with the Cowboys.

con't...

more: http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/20 ... ob_ry.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 177)

Return to Football Talk