Oh Canada - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Oh Canada

Moderator: Football Moderators

Oh Canada

Postby joejlitz » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:10 pm

I went to Canada yesterday and ate poutine and beaver tail and didn't even have to pay a hooker.

God bless Canada!
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Oh Canada

Postby moochman » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:00 pm

joejlitz wrote:I went to Canada yesterday and ate poutine and beaver tail and didn't even have to pay a hooker.

God bless Canada!

What? You didn't get yourself some Moosehead? :-b

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby scottaa1 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:17 pm

Wow. Your trip to Canada was the exact opposite of mine. O:-)
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby stomperrob » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:29 pm

Poutine is disgusting - it's a francophone thing, us anglo's don't like it! In my entire life I have never seen beaver tail on the menu - must have visited some tourist trap.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

Postby joejlitz » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:28 pm

Poutine was NOT disgusting. Brown gravy, cheese curd, and fries? And washed down with a beer? :-L

The Beaver Tail was awesome. It's a dessert and apparently a chain that makes them because they sold them out of a truck. It's like a fried bread covered with cinnamon sugar and then you can get different toppings. I had chocolate and bananas. Soooooo good.

http://www.beavertailsinc.com/

We were in Kingston, Ontario by the way.
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:37 pm

joejlitz wrote:Poutine was NOT disgusting. Brown gravy, cheese curd, and fries? And washed down with a beer? :-L

The Beaver Tail was awesome. It's a dessert and apparently a chain that makes them because they sold them out of a truck. It's like a fried bread covered with cinnamon sugar and then you can get different toppings. I had chocolate and bananas. Soooooo good.

The beaver tail sounds like a native Indian treat found in western Canada, never seen it with toppings though, just the cinnamon sugar.

I still say poutine is gross - fries & gravy are one thing but the cheese curds ruin it!
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joejlitz » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:58 am

stomperrob wrote:
joejlitz wrote:Poutine was NOT disgusting. Brown gravy, cheese curd, and fries? And washed down with a beer? :-L

The beaver tail sounds like a native Indian treat found in western Canada, never seen it with toppings though, just the cinnamon sugar.

I still say poutine is gross - fries & gravy are one thing but the cheese curds ruin it!

I don't know about the Beaver Tail. We were in Eastern Canada. Kingston, ON.

The bar we were in also sold the poutine with pulled pork and other assorted stuff. Oh well.

Might head up to Montreal on the 16th. The Flyers are in town.
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby stomperrob » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:03 pm

If ya go to Montreal, find a good Jewish deli and get some Montreal smoked meat (kinda like pastrami or corned beef): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montreal-style_smoked_meat
stomperrob

Return to General Talk