Flacco, Cam and Wilson - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Flacco, Cam and Wilson

Moderator: Football Moderators

Flacco, Cam and Wilson

Postby duffoholic » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:33 pm

Hey guys,

So I have been pretty confident of my keepers for next year but this playoff run by Flacco has been pretty silly...

Basically I am in an auction style keeper league with two year contracts and rights to match in the third year. Currently I have Wilson for 3$ (a no brainer for me), Flacco for 5$ and rights to match on Cam who, I am thinking, will go for around 20$. I'd really like to keep Newton, or even bid on him again for a fresh contract this year but with 46$ tied up in Foster(30$) and Charles(16$) and another 9$ for Gronk (no mandatory TE explains his low cost) I'm not sure I can afford another 20$ on Cam.

So, my question becomes are Wilson and Flacco for 8$ total worth not having a clear and solid QB1 next season? If you think (as I am leaning now) that Newton is worth getting, any suggestions on a under performer from this season I should try to target for a trade with Flacco?

Thanks for the help and as always I WHIR.
12 team auction (100$)
Wilson 3$, Dalton 4$
Foster $30, Charles $16, Tate 2$, Wilson 10$
V. Jackson 10$, Boldin 3$, Garcon 4$, Witten, 4$, T. Austin $5, Patterson 2$, Tate 3$, Dobson 1$
Tucker, K 1$,Tynes, K 1$
NYG D, 1$
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 425)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Flacco, Cam and Wilson

Postby srlarson » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:31 pm

Flacco is a solid NFL starter....but nothing more currently than a backup if FFL....and in a 10 team league middle of the road qb2.....I would cut him loose and bid on Cam see where that leaves you. if you like 200yrd and 1.25 td's per game.......and no rushing yards.....I would have him in the qb15-20 range for FFL...........much greater value for an NFL team but not here.

Good Luck!!
srlarson
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 26)

Postby 11stever11 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:57 pm

I would lean towards holding onto Cam Newton, unless the price goes much higher then 20 dollars. I think Wilson can be a low end QB1 next season, so having him and Newton will be a great combination.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby duffoholic » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:44 pm

I threw out an offer of Flacco (5$), Nelson (right to match), Garcon (rtm) and Bryant (K, 2$)

For

Crabtree (5$), Tate (2$)(I'd like to get Foster's backup), Tynes and Tucker at 1$ each so I don't have to think about a kicker next year.

Basically this trade is a QB I was going to drop and two guys I might not be able to afford for Crabtree for 5$ (a deal I think).

Thoughts?
12 team auction (100$)
Wilson 3$, Dalton 4$
Foster $30, Charles $16, Tate 2$, Wilson 10$
V. Jackson 10$, Boldin 3$, Garcon 4$, Witten, 4$, T. Austin $5, Patterson 2$, Tate 3$, Dobson 1$
Tucker, K 1$,Tynes, K 1$
NYG D, 1$
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team

Postby mycuccismells » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:21 am

I like that, i think Crabtree can be a fringe WR1 next year so for $5 you are getting great value there. How much can you get Romo or Rivers for?? If you want to go the 2 QB route i would prefer to pair one of these guys with Wilson and then play the hot hand. Romo is my definition of a decent fantasy QB that doesnt get the recognition because he throws a lot of picks and doesnt win. He has some horrible games that skew his stats but most of his games are in the 18-22 point range which isnt bad. If you have him along with Wilson to plug in when the Cowboys play a tough defense I think you will be happy with your QB situation
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 361)

Postby duffoholic » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:07 pm

His counter was with Boldin(3$) instead of Crabtree. I don't like giving up the two players I'd want to match for boldin and a backup RB. So, without getting Crabtree I pulled Garcon and Nelson out and put Wayne (8$) in along with with Avery to keep my roster under 18 players. We'll see how it goes.
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions