Ahmad Bradshaw - more surgery - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ahmad Bradshaw - more surgery

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ahmad Bradshaw - more surgery

Postby stomperrob » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:14 pm

NY Giants RB Ahmad Bradshaw reveals he’s had another surgery on his right foot
Bradshaw said he had a procedure 10 days ago to replace a screw he previously had inserted in that foot with a larger one
By Ralph Vacchiano / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Saturday, February 2, 2013, 4:08 PM

NEW ORLEANS — Ahmad Bradshaw, who has been plagued by injuries throughout his career, has had yet another surgery on his troublesome right foot.

The Giants’ running back revealed that Saturday after reporters found him at the NFL Experience with a boot on the foot, which was resting on a scooter. Bradshaw said he had a procedure 10 days ago to replace a screw he previously had inserted in that foot with a larger one.

It’s a procedure he admitted he should’ve had done a year ago, instead of opting for a stem-cell treatment that he said “wore off” less than halfway through the 2012 season.

“This is very well-needed,” Bradshaw said. “They said it was something that I should have gotten last year. But you can’t look back at it like that. I feel like I feel a little bit better after every surgery.”

Bradshaw, 26, has had plenty of surgeries throughout his six NFL seasons, including two now on his right foot. He had a screw inserted in each foot after the 2009 season. But when he suffered another fracture in his right foot in 2011, he opted to try a stem-cell procedure that was supposed to promote better healing in the bone

con't...

more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/footb ... -1.1253906
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Ahmad Bradshaw - more surgery

Postby stomperrob » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:47 pm

Ahmad Bradshaw reiterated that he's not certain he'll be back with the Giants in 2013.
Bradshaw is owed $3.75 million in non-guaranteed salary and underwent yet another foot operation just after the season. "With David (Wilson) there, Andre (Brown), they may have what they’re looking for with them, and may be light on cash," Bradshaw said. "I don’t know the circumstance; I haven't heard anything. They haven't said anything anyway, which is a good sign. I hope to be a Giant no matter what, but you never know what happens. It’s all business."
Source: Newark Star-Ledger
Feb 5 - 1:13 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl ... layer-news
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Free John Beck » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:41 pm

His days as a lead back are over, but I can see a lot of teams that could use him as a change of pace and goaline back, ala Michael Bush. Atlanta quickly comes to mind.
Free John Beck
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:59 pm

I still think he can be valuable to some teams but not likely full time. GB could use him, Cowboys might need him if we let Felix go, and a couple of other teams could benefit from his services. The whole league is shifting towards splitting carries anyway
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby stomperrob » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:53 pm

NY Giants cut Ahmad Bradshaw, Chris Canty as Big Blue works to get under salary cap
The moves were necessary for the Giants, who were over the projected salary cap for next season. Cutting Canty saved them $6.5 million in cap space. Cutting Bradshaw saved them $2.75 million.
Comments (33)
Wednesday, February 6, 2013, 4:25 PM

Jerry Reese called Ahmad Bradshaw “one of the toughest football players that I’ve been around.” Tom Coughlin praised Chris Canty for his high character and intellect.

But none of those qualities could save them from the Giants’ purge.

The Giants’ minor “retooling” project took a major turn on Wednesday when Bradshaw and Canty were released by the team. They are the second and third veterans to get the ax after linebacker Michael Boley was cut on Tuesday, and the three moves took about $13.75 million in salary-cap space off their 2013 books.

Bradshaw had indicated on Saturday in New Orleans that he had a feeling this move was coming, even though he was a two-time Super Bowl winner who had started for most of the last three years. He knew the Giants could save $2.75 million in salary-cap space by cutting him and that they had a first-round pick in David Wilson waiting in the wings.

“I saw it coming because of the money,” Bradshaw told ESPN. “Everything is about money I guess, so yes I was expecting it. I’m not discouraged at all. I’m just looking towards getting healthy and working with somebody else.”

Later, in an interview on WFAN, Bradshaw said a return to the Giants at a lower salary was “mentioned.” He added, “the door is always open on my side.”

con't...

more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/footb ... -1.1257103
stomperrob

Postby stomperrob » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:01 pm

Ahmad Bradshaw, who was cut by the NY Giants last week, says he would be interested in talking to the NY Jets
Bradshaw was cut by the Giants after rushing for 1,014 yards in 14 games last season, making him slightly more productive than Jets running back Shonn Greene (1,063 yards in 16 games).
Published: Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 11:38 AM
Updated: Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 11:22 PM

Ahmad Bradshaw is still interested in continuing his NFL career in New York — and it doesn’t necessarily have to be with the Giants.

The former Giant running back said the Jets are one of the teams he’s “excited” to consider, now that he’s a free agent after being cut by his old team last Wednesday. He won’t rule out a return to the Giants once his surgically repaired right foot feels better. But playing for the Jets clearly interests him, too.

“The New York Jets are a team that I’m excited to hear about, just to stay home, not make a big move from New York,” Bradshaw said Tuesday morning on the NFL Network’s NFL AM show. “It’s just right across the street from where I am now.”

Bradshaw rushed for 1,014 yards in 14 games with the Giants this past season, making him slightly more productive than Jets running back Shonn Greene (1,063 yards in 16 games). Greene is 28 and coming off back-to-back 1,000-yard seasons, but he is an unrestricted free agent.

The problem for any team that signs Bradshaw is that he’s injury-prone and recently had another surgery to have a new screw implanted in his problematic right foot. Bradshaw said “I feel better already” after the surgery and he expects to be ready for the start of training camp. But his injury history, which includes injuries to both ankles, both feet, his neck and hand, make signing him a risk.

Before he was cut, Bradshaw said the Giants indicated it was possible they would re-sign him at a later date (and likely for a lesser salary). He reiterated that on NFL AM.

con't..

more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/footb ... -1.1261864
stomperrob

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed May 22, 2013 9:24 am

Well he still hasnt found a home. Both the Packers and Steelers decided to use the draft to get their guy(s).

I cant think of too many teams that need his services. Maybe Tampa?

The guy puts up good numbers if not hurt. Heck he still got over 1000 yds last year in 14 games two of which he left early. His ypc is solid.

What are your thoughts on where he could go?
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby stomperrob » Wed May 22, 2013 11:18 am

Cowboys 4 life wrote:Well he still hasnt found a home. Both the Packers and Steelers decided to use the draft to get their guy(s).

I cant think of too many teams that need his services. Maybe Tampa?

The guy puts up good numbers if not hurt. Heck he still got over 1000 yds last year in 14 games two of which he left early. His ypc is solid.

What are your thoughts on where he could go?

Maybe sometime during training camp a team will decide their RB corps needs help and they sign him - otherwise he could possibly remain a FA until some team needs an injury replacement during the regular season. He's only 27, hasn't had a ton of carries, but in 6 years he's only had one 16 game season, always seems to be nicked up. He will end up somewhere he'll be in a RBBC situation.
stomperrob

Return to Football Talk