Early Keeper Discussion - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions

Early Keeper Discussion

Moderator: Football Moderators

Early Keeper Discussion

Postby srlarson » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:01 am

Transitioning to a 12 team league, prior 10.
Starting lineup 1qb, 2 rb, 2 wr/TE, 1 flex, 1 K
Auction League 14 man roster, $140 auction Value.
Keeper 1, add $15 from prior year - limits keepers

My Choices:
R Cobb $1 ($16 to keep)
E Decker $6 ($21 to keep)
S Ridley $9 ($24 to keep)
R Wayne $4 ($19 to keep)
P Manning $8 ($23 to keep)

Or we can throw them all back and keep your $ for the draft. My early thought is Cobb is a high WR2.....other thought is ridley...just not sold on him......thoughts?
srlarson
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 26)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Early Keeper Discussion

Postby duffoholic » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:26 pm

That plus 15$ is silly! You don't get any value out of a keeper. Manning might be worth keeping for 23$. I think you might be able get the rest of them for similar or lower value than the keeper price. It's tough to say though what the values are in your league... Cobb is a solid pick too, probably a WR1 in a 12 team league with Jennings leaving.

Personally, I'd be taking Manning.
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 421)

Postby 11stever11 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:17 pm

I would lean towards taking Cobb. I see him as a low end WR1 with Jennings leaving. Another option is Manning, but there are plenty of options at QB that should come at a better price. I am not sold on Ridley either.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Postby wtr23 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:10 pm

Agree with what has already been said. With Jennings leaving GB Cobb should be a solid play next year as a mid range wr1 or high end wr2. I like Manning as well but the position is rather deep and I think you won't have trouble getting him at a similar price (if not cheaper) once the draft starts.
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 224)

Postby srlarson » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:10 pm

May have to rethink now that Welker has signed with Denver.....Manning has some Wr now..... Thomas, Decker, and Welker.....WOW that says 40 td's..........
srlarson
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy Expert

Postby Indibuck » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:43 pm

With the addition of Welker, Peyton has better weapons than ever before.... If he stays healthy, it's tough to see him finish worse than QB4 or so (depending on league scoring systems).

I would keep Manning and Cobb. I would also possibly keep Ridley if its a fair price for a low end RB1, depending on your previous auction values.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby murphysxm » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:17 pm

Indibuck wrote:With the addition of Welker, Peyton has better weapons than ever before.... If he stays healthy, it's tough to see him finish worse than QB4 or so (depending on league scoring systems).

I would keep Manning and Cobb. I would also possibly keep Ridley if its a fair price for a low end RB1, depending on your previous auction values.

no arguments here
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby mycuccismells » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:40 am

Indibuck wrote:With the addition of Welker, Peyton has better weapons than ever before.... If he stays healthy, it's tough to see him finish worse than QB4 or so (depending on league scoring systems).

Not too familiar with auctions but this sounds about right. Would give you a top 4 QB and a WR1 and RB1 for $63 which is a good foundation. I agree with the +$15 seeming a little steep though, you really have to get a stud for under $5 to make it an advantage in the previous year. You are getting decent price on the guys you would be keeping but its not that much below market, keepers should reward savvy owner with a little more of an advantage than your league allows
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 358)

Postby srlarson » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:44 pm

can only keep 1....so you see the dilema....

QB and WR both deep....but both values are reasonable........here are my estimates:

Player my cost Proposed Auction Value
Manning 23 25-35 (could be higher, got a couple of lovers here)
Cobb 16 25-30
Ridley 24 20-25
Decker 21 15-20

So I think not a huge value anywhere....so really a matter of who to lock up......Cobb is the $ winner.....but i really think Manning has the best upside....
srlarson
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy Expert

Postby Indibuck » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:11 pm

Yeah, I missed the part where you can only keep one.

I think you have the correct two guys that you are considering... I would lock up Peyton and go from there, especially if other owners are hot for him... Worst case, he is a trading piece for your roster.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Next

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions