Help me out with my keepers. 100% WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Help me out with my keepers. 100% WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Help me out with my keepers. 100% WHIR

Postby Mizou » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:46 am

League is PPR, with IDP. You're allowed 5 keepers with no penalties. However, you can only keep one player per position. I'm bolding players I'm pretty sure I'm keeping, but I do have a few questions.

QB: Roethlisberger, Rivers

WR: Reggie Wayne, Pierre Garcon, Jordy Nelson, Jeremy Maclin

RB: Maurice Jones-Drew, Demarco Murray, Joique Bell, Jalen Parmele, Jonathan Dwyer

TE: Jason Witten

K: Jason Hanson (Det)

Def: Minnesota, Pittsburgh

IDP:

LB: Derrick Johnson, Kevin Burnett, Chad Greenway

DB: Kam Chancellor, Janoris Jenkins

I'm not entirely sure on keeping Reggie Wayne, but he was the most consistent of all my receivers this year, and it wouldn't hurt to have him back.

At RB, I'm really torn between MJD and Murray. MJD has a huge record behind him, but he was hurt this year. No clue if he returns to form (though I'm thinking he will). Murray was better this year, but MJD is so much more consistent (when healthy) than Murray was this year. The rest are just low-end fodder, and aren't a concern to me.

For my 5th keeper, I'm torn between keeping PGH Def, which is usually very highly regarded, and will likely have a bounce-back year, or one of my LBs (most likely Greenway).
Mizou
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Help me out with my keepers. 100% WHIR

Postby duffoholic » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:21 pm

Hmmmm... This is a tough one.

Personally I'd be inclined to go with:
Either QB strikes me as a wash.
Garcon (his upside is crazy if RGIII is back, where Reggie is due to fade to a Marvin Harrison role with TY hilton rising)
MJD (that's all they've got...)
Witten
and then a linebacker. I don't know IDP at all so I concede to your knowledge on the subject though I feel like KC's Johnson is the pick to make. I think Pittsburg is on the downswing... Polomalu can't stay healthy, and the rest are looking tired/old/suspended too often to be an effective unit.

I should note that I hate Pittsburg so take the advice for what it's worth.

Hope I helped a little.
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 421)

Postby 11stever11 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:24 pm

I would keep...
Garcon-I think that Wayne slows down a bit. Garcon should put up high end WR2 to low end WR1 numbers next season.
Witten-he will still get targets, there is a big drop after him as well in terms of value.
MJD-I think he is the safer option
Big Ben-I prefer his weapons over Rivers
LB-Do not play IDP much, but I know LBs score the most points consistently.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Postby mycuccismells » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:15 am

11stever11 wrote:I would keep...
Garcon-I think that Wayne slows down a bit. Garcon should put up high end WR2 to low end WR1 numbers next season.
Witten-he will still get targets, there is a big drop after him as well in terms of value.
MJD-I think he is the safer option
Big Ben-I prefer his weapons over Rivers
LB-Do not play IDP much, but I know LBs score the most points consistently.

I would agree with all of these but the MJD one. I agree that he is the safer pick for this year, so if you value that safety then he might be the better keeper. However i think his career is trending up while MJDs is trending down, so if Murray can stay healthy and has that breakout year we expected last year he could be a better keeper to have for multiple years.

That and i would keep an eye on what Pitt does with Wallace and if he leaves who they replace him with. I like Ben's weapons right now but without him that would be a big loss i think. Plus Rivers had a couple of receivers injured last year that are coming back so he could have a bit of a bounceback year as well
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 358)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions