Anquan Boldin - Ravens or retirement??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Anquan Boldin - Ravens or retirement???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Anquan Boldin - Ravens or retirement???

Postby stomperrob » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:33 pm

Anquan Boldin says he'll retire if Ravens cut him
Baltimore Ravens veteran wide receiver due a $6 million base salary in 2013
By Aaron Wilson The Baltimore Sun
4:24 p.m. EST, February 8, 2013

Should the Ravens opt to cut veteran wide receiver Anquan Boldin, which isn't necessarily the Super Bowl champions' intention despite a $6 million base salary and a $7.531 million salary-cap figure, then Boldin insists he'll retire.

Boldin, 32, told Pro Football Talk on NBC Sports that he doesn't want to play for another team.

"Baltimore is the only place I want to play," Boldin said in an interview set to air at 5 p.m. ET on NBC Sports Network. "It’s the last place that I will play. For me, I’ll retire a Raven, I’m not putting on any other uniform. .. We have a saying, once a Raven, always a Raven, and I’ll always be a Raven.”

Of course, the Ravens could retain Boldin at his current salary or do a salary-cap friendly extension as they did last spring with strong safety Bernard Pollard that would lower his cap figure for 2013 by converting his salary into a bonus and prorating the bonus over a few seasons. The Ravens have yet to broach that possibility with Boldin, according to league sources, but it's regarded as an option the team is interested in exploring.
Order "Purple Majesty," The Baltimore Sun's new book chronicling the Ravens' Super Bowl championship season.

With Boldin, it's a complicated situation.

Yes, he's up in years for a receiver, but he's vital to the Ravens' offense and caught six passes for 104 yards and a touchdown during a Super Bowl win over the San Francisco 49ers.

con't...

more: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/rave ... 2363.story
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk