Charles for Spiller - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Charles for Spiller

Moderator: Football Moderators

Charles for Spiller

Postby duffoholic » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:38 pm

Hey guys,

As you can tell, I'm already suffering from fantasy football withdrawal... sigh.

So, I through out a trade offer of:
Charles (16$)
Boldin (3$)
Nelson (rights to match (rtm))
Tynes(1$)

for his
Spiller (2$)
Nicks (13$)
Gonzo (6$)
Keading (1$)

I'm thinking I'm taking two drops off his roster (keading and gonzo (retired right?)) and a guy who fell WAY short last year in Nicks plus the STEAL of a deal in Spiller for a solid back in Charles, a decent WR in Boldin (his WR's really let him down last year aside from Marshal 15$) the rights to a potential stud in Nelson and a cheap top end kicker since he doesn't have one. The kicker is just fluff that looks good on paper. I am trying to get the best of this trade but think he will counter without nicks. Am I crazy to accept think that even without Nicks this is a great deal for me? This is an auction league with 100$ cap, no trading cap $. 0.5 PPR next year for the first time. I've got Foster (30$) and will probably be matching on Newton for around 20$ so cap space is limited which is why I'm going for this deal.

Thanks for any insight you can provide.
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 421)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Charles for Spiller

Postby wtr23 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:22 pm

Only problem with that is, say the Ravens don't re-sign Boldin. He's claiming he will retire if Baltimore doesn't pick him up. A guy struggling with WRs probably won't take a chance with Boldin if you are going to be taking Nicks. Obviously if you take Nicks out of the equation you have a better chance at getting Spiller. I think It's a good deal even if you don't get Nicks, I'm sure you'll be able to find a serviceable receiver out there.
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 224)

Re: Charles for Spiller

Postby duffoholic » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:36 pm

Honestly, I'm not sure where this guy is at and I'm kinda hoping that he's planning on dropping Nicks next year anyway so maybe I can get him and hang on to him as I think he's going to bounce back. 13$ is a bit of cash for WR's in our league that tends to spend heavy on RB's and QB's.
12 team auction (100$)
Wilson 3$, Dalton 4$
Foster $30, Charles $16, Tate 2$, Wilson 10$
V. Jackson 10$, Boldin 3$, Garcon 4$, Witten, 4$, T. Austin $5, Patterson 2$, Tate 3$, Dobson 1$
Tucker, K 1$,Tynes, K 1$
NYG D, 1$
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 421)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions