Dynasty team...make trades or stay put? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Dynasty team...make trades or stay put?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dynasty team...make trades or stay put?

Postby TruNinerFan » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:16 pm

I failed to win the super bowl again in my 10 man dynasty league :-t . Just wondering who I should look to trade to improve my team or should I stick with what I have? any opinions would be appreciated.

We start: 1 QB, 2 Rb, 2 wr, 1 flex (rb,wr,te), 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D/ST

QB Scoring- 6pt all TD, 1 pt every 100 yards passing, 1 pt every 25 yards rush

RB/WR/TE Scoring- 6 pt all TD, 1 pt every 25 yards rush/rec, NO PPR

My roster:
QB- Romo, Luck, Kaepernick, J. Freeman

RB- T. Richardson, D. Martin, D. Mcfadden, M. Hardesty, M. Reece

WR- Calvin, AJ Green, Dez Bryant, TY Hilton, Denarius Moore, Vincent Brown

TE- A. Hernandez, Dwayne Allen

K- Gostowski

D- 49ers

thanks to Franchise Fan for the sig!!!!!
TruNinerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 156)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Dynasty team...make trades or stay put?

Postby duffoholic » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:58 pm

I would maybe look at shipping a QB like Luck (who should have good value) or Romo to do add some depth and experience to your RB's. Of course, trading a guy like Luck in a Dynasty league you should be looking to get something pretty solid in return. Without seeing rosters it's tough to say but if you can target the teams who are weaker at QB and see what they have available. You certainly aren't hurting at the position but with DMC and TRich both struggling through injuries last year you could be in trouble starting Reece as your number two.

Maybe take a run at an AP/Foster type guy by pairing Luck with Dez coming off this crazy season. The roster looks pretty stacked man.
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 421)

Postby TruNinerFan » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:13 am

I also have the #3 and #8 rookie pick this year

TruNinerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Mizou » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:21 am

The only thing I can see would be to upgrade your 3rd RB. I don't see DMC as a viable, solid starter due to his health issues and ineffectiveness this year when he was playing. I'd feel much better having a good guy for bye weeks/injuries, and for starting in your flex spot.

I agree with trying to move Luck and/or Dez for someone, but I think it might be more prudent to use your picks. I'd look at targeting Eddie Lacy or Giovanni Bernard with your rookie picks, depending where they end up in the NFL Draft.
Mizou
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 7)

Postby mycuccismells » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:39 pm

I dont think moving Dez is a good idea at all. A combo of Calvin/AJ/Dez can be lethal for the next 5+ years, especially if Dez builds on what he did at the end of the year. On top of that you have Hilton who could really break out this year, nd Richardson and Martin who are two of the best young RBs in the league. You have 5 of the premier young skill players in the league, along with Hilton who has shown some promise.

If you did want to move them though i would probably try and target a better QB, something along the lines of Dez/Romo for Brady or something like that. TDs are key in your league so you really have to look at guys differently because of that, their ability to score and their long term value are all that matter to you. The way your scoring system works a RB with 1500 yards and 6TD gives you 96 pts where a RB with only 1000 yards and 10 TDs gives you 100 pts. Same with QBs, a guy with 5000 yards and 25TDs scores far less than a guy with 4000 yards and 30 TDs
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 358)

Postby srlarson » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:05 pm

the two positions to look to upgrade, QB and RB.....but it will take creativity and a package to move around.....

I would look at a QB and RB to upgrade one Spot ...... Romo and McFadden

Then I would look at one of your young Qb's and a WR to the other Cap and Dez.....

Be open you have pieces to put together some good deals....always with an eye to getting the team better.

Good Luck!!
srlarson
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 26)

Postby Indibuck » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:32 pm

What about moving Kaep for a RB? His trade value in dynasty is pretty high right now IMHO, and is the "hot" player on your roster that you could consider moving without hurting your starters.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby murphysxm » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:32 pm

I'd stay put. Either Kaep or Luck (or both) will be a dynasty stud for years to come.
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby TruNinerFan » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:17 pm

Indibuck wrote:What about moving Kaep for a RB? His trade value in dynasty is pretty high right now IMHO, and is the "hot" player on your roster that you could consider moving without hurting your starters.

I thought about moving Kaep. I am just no sure how high to value him.

TruNinerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby 11stever11 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:14 pm

Indibuck wrote:What about moving Kaep for a RB? His trade value in dynasty is pretty high right now IMHO, and is the "hot" player on your roster that you could consider moving without hurting your starters.

I agree with this. I have seen Kaep going as high as the third round in a start-up draft (12 team), so I would see what you can get for him. I think his value is close to the Lamar Miller tier of RBs.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions