Am I overvaluing my players? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Am I overvaluing my players?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Am I overvaluing my players?

Postby mzkp54 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:03 pm

Ok an owner has been trying to get Wallace or Cobb from me. He sent me several 2 for 1 offers including E Sanders, G Little, Avery and Gibson. I said no to all of those. I countered, offering Lynch, Wallace, and my 3.01 for his Foster and Decker. He countered with:

his Foster, Decker, Austin, and 3.11
for my
Lynch, Turbin, Cobb and Wallace.

I don't really see this as close. Am I overvaluing my players? Or is that a lowball offer?
It's a 12 team PPR dynasty league

My team:
QB- Brees, Wilson, Smith
RB- Lynch, RBush, Bradshaw, Turbin, Goodson
WR- Cobb, Wallace, MWilliams, Hilton, Hill, Sanu, MFloyd (SD)
TE- Celek, Gates
mzkp54
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 233)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Am I overvaluing my players?

Postby duffoholic » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:09 pm

Yeah, I see this as a definite win for him. Cobb is like Harvin without the drama and Turbin could be the guy in a dynasty league plus Lynch - Foster could be a wash if Houston continues to struggle on offence like they did in the second half of last season. The 3.11 pick is just a flyer anyway, a total gamble who might get dropped once the waiver wire gets crazy anyway.

So,
Lynch / Foster = evenish
Cobb + Wallace / Decker + Austin = depending where wallace ends up, this could be a wash or a loss for you. Austin just isn't reliable anymore and Decker's TD's don't cover the difference especially with Jennings leaving GB.
Turbin / 3.11 = It seems clear that they like this kid in SEA and if Lynch goes down you've got a handcuff. If Foster goes down, it could be hard to get Tate. Loss.

Is there anybody you WANT in this trade? I'd rather have your guys that any of those offered aside from Decker / wallace straight up.
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 421)

Postby fsbarren » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:29 am

I don't think you're overvaluing your guys. Stand firm on this one. Besides, you have a looooong time to work something out and you never what might happen in between.

Good luck.
fsbarren
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mzkp54 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:36 am

I was leaning that way too. I just sometimes feel crazy when I get an offer I see as so off base and want to make sure its not just me. Thanks for validating my thoughts!
mzkp54
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mizou » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:18 am

I had to make sure I was reading that right, I was so confused. Those are terrible deals for you. Hold firm.
Mizou
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 7)

Postby Indibuck » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:24 pm

Foster is a guy that I am more likely to sell than buy going into 2013, based on perceived value. Owners will expect similar trade value as he had in 2012... But he has another year of heavy use on his legs.

I don't think you are wrong for passing on his counter.... His proposals are pretty weak.

For what it's worth, I think Cobb and Wallace are "hold/buy"... If I own either one, I would only accept a premium for either one at this point.

It never hurts to counter back with something closer to your side... If he doesn't want to be reasonable, move on or sit tight.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby MadDog36 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:07 pm

I do think you need another RB....
But I wouldn't give up the only sure fire back you have right now.
What draft pick do you have?
I might trade out of the first round if it will land me a very good RB for next year. Consider it this crop isn't that much.
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 134)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mzkp54 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:02 pm

I have the 1.01 and the 1.06. I don't think my roster is terrible, but last year did not go well for me.
mzkp54
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mycuccismells » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:56 am

Indibuck wrote:Foster is a guy that I am more likely to sell than buy going into 2013, based on perceived value. Owners will expect similar trade value as he had in 2012... But he has another year of heavy use on his legs.

I don't think you are wrong for passing on his counter.... His proposals are pretty weak.

This sums up what i was going to say exactly. Foster is an elite talent but so is Lynch, and i think Lynch has a longer and brighter future than Foster. Lynch's stock is going up while Foster's is going down, never sell low and buy high in the same deal. I think Decker is solid and will be a WR2 for years to come, but i think Cobb is a special talent who can erupt into an elite WR with Jennings out of the picture. Wallace has a brighter future than Austin as well in my opinion, although if he lands with the wrong team that could hurt.

If you would have asked about this trade 3-4 months ago it would have been a no brainer, do it and dont look back. Now, however, i think that you would be selling some pieces that can be very valuable for years to come for potentially a slight improvement for one year.

If you want to make your team better sell Wilson while his stock is high, assuming you start one QB. If so then I would package him up with Bush or Bradshaw and try and get a good young RB that you can pair with lynch. Wilson has a bright future but you will be using Brees for the next 5 years, and there will be plenty of other QBs that can be picked up by the time you need to switch to a new QB
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 358)

Postby mycuccismells » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:42 am

ONE thing to mention that I completely forgot about, Lynch could be facing a suspension to start the season. You have Turbin so it doesnt hurt you as much but something to keep your eye on, could be missing him for 2-4 games
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 358)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions