Keeper League WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Keeper League WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keeper League WHIR

Postby mycuccismells » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:22 pm

This is a 10 man 1/2PPR, 4 pts for throwing TDs, everything else fairly standard. You can keep up to 3 guys as well as being able to trade picks/keepers in the offseason. You get to keep guys 2 rounds earlier than they were drafted this year and no one drafted in the 1st 3 rounds can be kept. Below are the guys im considering keeping as well as the round i would be able to keep them in.

CJ Spiller (7)
Alfred Morris (13)
Lamar Miller (13)
Mikel Leshoure (13)
Russell Wilson (13)
Danario Alexander (13)
Jonathan Dwyer (13)
Chris Givens (13)
Justin Blackmon (8)
Bryce Brown (13)
Torrey Smith (6)

Obviously im keeping Spiller and Morris, and some of the other ones depend on offseason moves. I also acquired a 7th round pick already for my 14th round pick, so keeping those 2 guys i essentially have all picks until round 13.

Do you keep a third RB like Miller/Leshoure and have your 3 man RB rotation set, or set yourself up at a different position by keeping Wilson or Alexander? Do you think any of these guys is such a good value that I could get something back from them on the market that is worth pursuing? Remember that you cant keep anyone drafted in rounds 1-3 so most of the top 30-40 guys are being thrown back in the pool as well.
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 361)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Keeper League WHIR

Postby 11stever11 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:27 pm

I think it is between Wilson and Miller. With the QB position deep this year, I would give the edge to Miller. It's likely that Bush is not going to get resigned by the Dolphins, which is great news for Miller. I think Miller will see around 15 to 20 touches per game and be a solid RB2.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby duffoholic » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:40 pm

As in love as I am with Wilson, and I do think he's great, I would guess that a lot of the guys who get thrown back every year are QB's (i.e. Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Newton... etc) so I guess the talent is available in the draft where as there are only a few RB's that are must haves. While it would be awesome to have Wilson blossom into a full blown fantasy stud that you could keep for the next 5 years, it might be worth taking a risk on Miller or Leshoure to see if you can get another Morris for next year!

What RB's are back in the pool next year though? and what pick do you have in the draft?
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 425)

Postby mycuccismells » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:04 pm

Thanks for both of your comments, much appreciated!! As of a month ago i was set on keeping either LeShoure or Wilson, but Miller is looking more and more like the one i will end up going with. Like you said duff QBs will get thrown back so i should be able to snatch up Wilson in the middle rounds if i decide i want to build around him.

I dont know what pick i have in the draft, order hasnt been set yet. As far as RBs back in the pool i know that anyone drafted rounds 1/2/3 cant be kept so those go back, and i can speculate on others that wouldnt have much value. With that in mind here are the top 20 probably going back: Foster, Rice, McCoy, CJ2K, McFadden, Forte, Lynch, MJD, Charles, Steven Jackson, Murray, Fred Jackson, Peterson, Mathews, T Rich, Reggie, Turner, BJGE, Sproles, Bradshaw.

Also if your suggestions are to keep Miller as the third do you think any of my other guys hold enough value to make it worth shopping them for draft picks? If so what round pick would you look to get for someone like LeShoure, Alexander, Dwyer, etc?
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team

Postby duffoholic » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:22 pm

I think you could get some value out of Leshoure and maaaaybe Wilson. Even if you just move up a couple rounds it could be worth it. I guess you just have to weigh if it is better to keep that late round talent off a weak roster or advance your draft picks. Personally, I'm all about upping my picks.
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team

Postby mycuccismells » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:01 pm

Yeah i agree with getting better picks, or MAYBE even improving my keepers. Doug Martin was a 4th round pick so he could be kept in the 2nd, I thought about making a run at him. The guy doesnt have any other worthwhile keepers and i was thinking if Miller's stock goes up I could offer him LeShoure, Miller and some sort of a pick for Martin. If I could have a core of Martin, Spiller, Morris I think my team would be in really good shape going into the season.

I guess Ill just play the market and see how things progress in the offseason. If Miller doesnt get the lead job (Bush stays or they sign someone like a Bradshaw) then who would you keep? Would it be LeShoure or Wilson or even someone like Alexander?
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team

Postby duffoholic » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:39 pm

I have no faith in Detroit and the running game there so I would go Wilson and hope he keeps up the end of season numbers from last year. If he does, you have a pretty awesome starting QB for the next 4-5 years since you get him for a 13th this year. That's just me though.
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team

Postby mycuccismells » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:40 am

Thanks for the input, I'm thinking they will both be somewhere in the range of 7-9th round picks so value isnt great (or horrible) with either of them. Like you i dont trust Detroit, love Wilson, and I'm a Bears fan so i really dont care to have him on my team!!
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team

Postby mzkp54 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:03 pm

I think Wilson is the best value for you. Other guys just carry more risk IMO.

Take a look at mine?
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=533343
mzkp54
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 235)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions