Early Keeper Thoughts - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions

Early Keeper Thoughts

Moderator: Football Moderators

Early Keeper Thoughts

Postby weig0132 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:11 pm

I play in a 10 team, PPR league. We can keep up to 6 players. For the first 4 players we have to give up our first 4 picks, for the fifth we have to give up picks 5 and 7, and for the sixth player we have to give up picks 6 and 8. I can only keep 4 because I no longer have a 7th round pick.

Who would you keep?

My specialty players are:
QB's
Aaron Rodgers
Ryan Fitzpartick
RB's
Trent Richardson
Darren McFadden
Ray Rice
Jonathan Dwyer
DeAngelo Williams
David Wilson
WR's
Kenny Britt
Torrey Smith
Larry Fitzgerald
Greg Jennings
Mike Wallace
TE's
Brandon Myers
Mercedes Lewis
weig0132
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 43)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Early Keeper Thoughts

Postby Indibuck » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:16 pm

weig0132 wrote:I play in a 10 team, PPR league. We can keep up to 6 players. For the first 4 players we have to give up our first 4 picks, for the fifth we have to give up picks 5 and 7, and for the sixth player we have to give up picks 6 and 8. I can only keep 4 because I no longer have a 7th round pick.

Who would you keep?

My specialty players are:
QB's
Aaron Rodgers
Ryan Fitzpartick
RB's
Trent Richardson
Darren McFadden
Ray Rice
Jonathan Dwyer
DeAngelo Williams
David Wilson
WR's
Kenny Britt
Torrey Smith
Larry Fitzgerald
Greg Jennings
Mike Wallace
TE's
Brandon Myers
Mercedes Lewis

Rodgers
Richardson
Rice
Wilson

Are the 4 that I would keep, assuming your league requires you to start 2 or more RBs.

You have some nice WRs but no one that is a must keep, especially over those RBs.

If you a concerned with not having any WRs to start off with, you can always trade a RB away.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby duffoholic » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:29 pm

I'm inclined to agree. Rogers and Trich are no brainers and I think the other two RB's suggested above have more upside than any of your wideouts. This would leave you free to take WR's and a TE with your first 3 picks while there are other teams without picks.
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 421)

Postby mycuccismells » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:03 pm

duffoholic wrote:I'm inclined to agree. Rogers and Trich are no brainers and I think the other two RB's suggested above have more upside than any of your wideouts. This would leave you free to take WR's and a TE with your first 3 picks while there are other teams without picks.

Pretty hard to say Rice isnt a no brainer as well seeing as hes still projected as a 1st round pick (early 2nd at worst). David Wilson is a bit of a gamble but I would agree he is the best choice. May be worth trying to package him up with McFadden (or a WR) to someone a little light on keepers and try and get a stud WR.
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 358)

Postby duffoholic » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:24 pm

Yeah, I'm not really sure why I'm so down on Rice. His production just seemed below the norm he has set in recent years I guess... Maybe it is my general frustration and disappointment in Flacco spilling over to the whole team. Officially one of the most over payed players in the league. Blarg.
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 421)

Postby mycuccismells » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:35 am

His production definitely was down but that still meant probably around 1500-1600 yards and 10 TDs instead of his usual 1800-1900 yards and 15 TDs. You are still talking about a top 10 back in a down year which makes him a top 15 pick in just about every draft this fall. In a 4 keeper league with 10 teams everyone in the top 25-30 will most likely be kept, which to me makes him a no brainer.

That being said i do think that he isnt getting back to that 2000 yard 15TD mark anytime soon, with Pierce coming on and Boldin going away his role could change a bit. I think hes a pretty good lock for 1500 total yards and 8-9 TDs, and hes PPR gold and should give you another 75-80 points from catches alone. He may not be the back that is going to win you many weeks single handedly but in a PPR league hes going to be in the 15-20 range every single week.
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 358)

Postby Captain Eddie » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:18 am

I would keep Rodgers, Rice, Richardson, T Smith (since Boldin is gone).
Captain Eddie
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 79)

Postby mzkp54 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:10 am

Another vote for Richardson, Rodgers, Rice, Wilson. Pick WR's with your first few picks
mzkp54
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 233)

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions