Amendola a Good Investment? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Amendola a Good Investment?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Amendola a Good Investment?

Postby wtr23 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:32 am

How do you think Donald Jones factors into the equation? He's still available but I'm thinking he doesn't get much work here and I should look elsewhere for a WR

Here's a couple others available at this point:
>> B. Hartline (MIA)
>> S. Hill (NYJ)
>> R. Streater (OAK)
>> J. Morgan (WAS)
>> G Little (CLE)
>> M. Sanu (CIN)
>> H. Douglas (ATL)
>> A. Roberts (ARI)
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 224)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mycuccismells » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:23 am

Wouldn't consider Donald Jones for much more than a last round flier really. Out of all of those guys listed below i would probably go after Sanu, he could very well have a breakout year this year. If nothing else i think he gives you double digit TDs (or very close to it). After that i probably go with Hartline and just hope he thrives in the #2 role when all of the pressure isnt on him
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 358)

Postby wtr23 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:24 pm

Thanks for the advice... after watching him in the 2 TD game against my raiders ( :~( ) I expected big things from him. Then he went down with the injury and we never heard from him again. Going forward I like his chances playing alongside Green.
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 224)

Postby mycuccismells » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:58 pm

wtr23 wrote:Thanks for the advice... after watching him in the 2 TD game against my raiders ( :~( ) I expected big things from him. Then he went down with the injury and we never heard from him again. Going forward I like his chances playing alongside Green.

Im not sure if i expected big things, but i expected to start to see a bigger role. The problem with him is that he was pretty much solely a red zone target last year, evident by his 11 catches for only 100 yards but 4 TDs over his last 3 games. The good thing was that he got 0 targets in his first 4 games, 6 in his next 2, and then 19 over his final 3 before the injury capped by a 9 target game against OAK.

The question is whether they will use him as any semblance of a down field threat next year with AJ drawing the double team. The targets tell me that they wanted to incorporate him more into the offense before he got hurt which is a good sign moving forward. The biggest point of optimism though is the comment from Marvin Lewis which i will post below which shows his faith in him to be a solid #2 WR

""Mo Sanu (is) way ahead of where (Chad) was in his second year playing in the National Football League," Lewis said. "I’ll go on record saying that." After a somewhat quiet rookie season in 2001, Johnson exploded onto the scene with a 69/1,166/5 stat line as a sophomore"
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 358)

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions