Andre Johnson for Reggie Bush...am I crazy?! WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Andre Johnson for Reggie Bush...am I crazy?! WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Andre Johnson for Reggie Bush...am I crazy?! WHIR

Postby chud214 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:20 pm

I am looking to trade away Andre Johnson for Bush. I'm really thin at RB, while I have Johnson, Percy Harvin, DeSean Jackson and Cecil Shorts as my top WRs. I know Bush isn't going to garner the goalline carries in Detroit, but with Stafford at QB and Bush returning kicks, I see a definite upside. Plus who knows when Andre might break down again. Figure I'd offer him up while his value is high. What do you think?
GO BEAVS!!! 2006,2007 NCAA Baseball National Champions!!!
chud214
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Andre Johnson for Reggie Bush...am I crazy?! WHIR

Postby chud214 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:32 pm

Really? Noone has an opinion? Oh well.
chud214
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mycuccismells » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:41 am

Its the offseason so things are a little slow here, sometimes you wont get a response for a day or two. Who are your receivers that you think cause you to be so thin, and is this is a straight dynasty league or are we talking keepers here? I wouldnt say this is a crazy trade, i think its actually fairly even to be honest. I was a huge fan of Reggie going into last year and he made me look great for a few weeks and then dissapeared. I dont know if it was because of injury or usage or what but i believe he can thrive in this offense this year if he stays healthy. On the other hand Andre was a beast the last 5-6 weeks last year, but i agree you never know when he is going to fall off that cliff.

That said i dont know if i would say your receiving core is really all that strong. It is right now but if you get rid of Johnson that leaves you with neeing to start DeSean Jackson or Cecil every week. Those are decent flex guys but not guys i want in my WR2 spot on a weekly basis
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 358)

Postby Indibuck » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:50 pm

You will also get more responses if you give us some details, like does your league reward points per reception, is it a keeper or dynasty league, the rest of your roster etc.

If it's non-PPR, I wouldn't even consider it.

PPR makes it closer, but my final answer would be contingent on getting more info.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby chud214 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:26 pm

thanks for the input. It's an unlimited keeper league, but for each player kept, you give up a draft selection. So if I keep 2 players, I begin drafting in the 3rd round...if I keep 8, I get to draft in the 9th round. Some teams will dump their entire rosters, others will keep up to their entire team. And really tough to predict what other guys will do.
If I were to make the trade, my starting lineup would look like this going into next season:

QB Kaepernick
RB Sproles, Bush
WR Harvin and either D. Jackson or C. Shorts
TE Greg Olsen
K Gostkowski
D/St Houston

Without Bush, I'm looking at having to trust in Moreno or Quizz Rodgers. Bummed when Steven Jackson went to Atlanta...was hoping they'd let Quizz try to carry the load. Had McFadden last year, but got so tired of not being able to depend on him, so traded him for Kaepernick and Jackson at the end of the season.
chud214
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby murphysxm » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:34 pm

It's tough not having a better feel for what players will be kept versus available draft day, but I don't see any of the guys on your team as round 1 worthy to keep. Harvin is probably the only guy I would lok to possibly keep. Unless I missed it, still not sure if we are talking PPR and that is a HUGE factor in Bush's value. I personally think Bush catches close to 70 this year and Houston is run 1st and Aj isn't getting younger....
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby chud214 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:00 pm

I understand where you're coming from, but the only way I get a first round pick is if I dump my entire team. It's really risky in an unlimited keeper league to start from scratch, because all you basically have to choose from is rookies and the throw aways from the other owners. I just don't see enough talent coming out of this year's draft to rationalize starting over. Just so I'm clear, it's NOT a ppr league. Standard scoring with marginal yardage bonuses.
chud214
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby duffoholic » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:23 am

This is essentially a dynasty league then with limited roster sizes. Interesting... You're stuck in a rock and a hard place here. You keep the guys you like (Harvin, Kaep... that might be it) but then potentially lose out on the big picks. If I were you I would be throwing them all back, except maybe Andre, Harvin and Kaep and hope your 4th is one of the first picks to get an upgrade at RB... UGH! But for a fourth you might as well keep Sproles and Bush! This is UGLY! I don't see how you keep past the top four on your roster though. With the glaring holes at skill positions it seems like you need the earliest draft picks possible to try and upgrade somewhat and maybe luck out on a rookie.

Good luck man.
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 421)

Postby chud214 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:03 pm

I think I need to do the deal, because I have a bigger need at RB than WR. And trust me, in my league, ALL the owners are RB hoarders. I think the first two non-rookie drafted last year were Shonn Greene and Isaac Redman! I like my depth at the position for future years (have Bernard Pierce, who I REALLY like potential wise, and Quizz). WIsh I knew what was going to happen with Moreno. Flashed some strong potential last year when Willis got hurt, but now it seems like they want to shove him down to 3rd string behind Hillman. BS!! lol And I know Shorts may have been a flash in the pan, but you can't deny the chemistry he built with two separate QBs in Jacksonville. I also am really curious to see what Chip Kelly is going to do with DeSean Jackson in Philly.
Hell last year I went on a hell of a run even once McFadden went down, and that was before I landed Kaepernick. I know the Niners are a run first team, but I think the kid is pretty special. Great running ability and a cannon for an arm.
Just don't wanna dump most of my team and end up trying to pick up leftovers that are worse than what I have now.
chud214
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mycuccismells » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:30 am

I think you almost have to do this deal and keep Bush and Sproles. You said its hard to predict what people are going to do but i would assume most people are keeping their top 5-6 guys. Knowing that the top 60-80 guys are going to be taken off of the board means there is unlikely to be someone better than Sproles or Bush thrown back.

There is no way any of the top 10-12 RBs are getting thrown back, especially in a league where people are hoarding RBs. After that you are essentially throwing back 2 fringe RB2/RB3s in hopes of getting a better RB2. I think you have to do the deal and keep Kaep/Sproles/Bush//Harvin and then just hope for the best in the draft. Take a chance on a Lamar Miller or something with your first pick if he gets thrown back, or someone like Andre Brown and hope that David Wilson doesnt pan out.
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 358)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions