Is this Normal? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Is this Normal?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Is this Normal?

Postby wtr23 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:29 pm

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum, just thought I should get this out there for discussion....

In a dynasty league (If you've been reading the forums lately you know that already :-D )... 12 team league with 36 man rosters (11 offense/11 defense/14 bench, plus 4 IR slots to be used later if needed). The one catch is that we must keep 4 of our 6 rookie picks on our roster, be it as a starter or on the bench.

Here's where I'm confused... I currently have 4 players on the bench... some guys already have 10 or 11 guys. One guy is hoarding RBs and has 10 backs on his roster (we have the potential to start 3). His logic behind it all is that one of them has a breakout year and he hits the jackpot..... but really, ten backs? I could understand If it was for trade bait, but at this point he has almost no defense (2 players), his bench has 11 non rookies though the limit is 10, and all of them are on offense. At this rate he'll be left with a defense as old as dirt and when it comes time to replace them he'll still be hoping on one of those running backs to save him...... am I missing something here or is this a bad move?

Edit** looking at it again I suppose he could draft all defensive rookies in the rookie draft and use them as starters, but realistically is there going to be that much starter material left for him at that point?
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 224)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions