Dynasty: A.Johnson for J.Nelson and 1.10? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Dynasty: A.Johnson for J.Nelson and 1.10?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dynasty: A.Johnson for J.Nelson and 1.10?

Postby Saintsfan2004 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:34 pm

In my dynasty league I was offered Andre Johnson for Jordy Nelson and my first round pick (10th overall) in my rookie draft. Should I accept?

My current WR's are AJ Green, J.Nelson, Crabtree and S. Holmes.
Saintsfan2004
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Dynasty: A.Johnson for J.Nelson and 1.10?

Postby duffoholic » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:22 am

This is an interesting trade... I like Andre and everything but you are gaining 4 years of wear and losing a rookie. Having never played a full dynasty league I assume that has a lot of value. If Nelson stays healthy I like him to put up similar numbers to Andre. Plus with Andre being 31 you have to expect him to start missing a little time here and there too. Add to all this Jennings leaving and the Schuab vs Rodgers side of this argument and I the trade winds up pretty balanced. Personally, I'd stick with youth and hope that rookie pick pays off for ya. I like Nelson and hope to see him do well this year so I'd say no... although, if you have a solid team with a shot at glory this season, or have already have a nice stable of prospective talent then maybe the trade is a good idea for you. It isn't like you are selling the farm for him so you could definitely make it work.
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 421)

Postby wtr23 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:15 am

As stated, with the wear and tear on Johnson, I'd be asking for one of his picks in return. He finished out last year strong so his value is pretty high at the moment, but he has injury history. That and you'd be losing a draft pick? I'd be asking for his 1st round (or 2nd round if he has a high pick) in return as well.
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 224)

Postby weig0132 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:13 pm

I would have to say that I agree on the above, Andre Johnson falls into the same category as Dez Bryant when it comes down to last years production. They both had rocky starts but ended up posting numbers that if you look at their season total production you would be impressed. I think that I would be look for a second round pick in return if your looking to make a strong run next year but depending on how many years you can keep a guy, I would stick with Jordy.
weig0132
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 43)

Postby murphysxm » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:15 pm

i would 100% hold Jordy here. AJ is on the wrong side of 30 on a run first offense. There is one less mouth to feed in GB and the 10 pick should be a decent piece this year.
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby mzkp54 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:58 am

I find this interesting. I think I would have ranked AJ above Nelson, but I'm surprised the consensus is so much in the other direction. I recently took part in a dynasty start up, and Andre went a round before Nelson, with one other WR between them (Garcon). I think that it really is a matter of preference and that they are ranked very similarly. That being said, if you prefer AJ to Nelson, I think a straight up swap is more than fair. I don't think you should have to include the pick.

Good luck
mzkp54
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 233)

Postby 11stever11 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:32 am

I would stick with Nelson. I do like Johnson a bit more then Nelson; however, I think you can find a solid rookie with the 1.10 pick like Zac Stacy or Tyler Eifert.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Postby TruNinerFan » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:14 am

I wouldn't trade Nelson for Andre straight up in a dynasty league. So, I would say no way to this deal

thanks to Franchise Fan for the sig!!!!!
TruNinerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 156)

Postby Indibuck » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:09 pm

TruNinerFan wrote:I wouldn't trade Nelson for Andre straight up in a dynasty league. So, I would say no way to this deal

Agree with this.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions