Trade!!!!!!!A.Rodgers For A.Foster? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Trade!!!!!!!A.Rodgers For A.Foster?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trade!!!!!!!A.Rodgers For A.Foster?

Postby baddhipp2 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:13 pm

up fellas i'm in a 2 man keeper league..My keepers are A.Rodgers and R.Rice...I was offered A.Foster for A.Rodgers Str8 up....What yall think?.....Both coming off of down years for there standards......

1ppr and 6pts/ All td's.........

I have the 9th pick in the Draft.....

we start 1 QB,RB,RB,WR,WR, TE and Flex RB/WR/TE

Keeper list

M.Ryan, L.Mccoy, RG3, AP, J.Charles, C.Johnson,, A.Morris , Cam Newton,V.Jackson, Eli Manning, ,Brady, Gronk, Calvin, D.Martin, Julio Jones ,M.Statford, Foster, D.Bryant, B.Marshall ,Forte, Brees, Lynch.....

Thanks!!!!!!!!!
baddhipp2
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trade!!!!!!!A.Rodgers For A.Foster?

Postby murphysxm » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:16 pm

There isn't a player in the league I would not trade straight up for Foster.
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby wtr23 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:50 pm

I think QB is going to be relatively deep, so I wouldn't be worried to lose Rodgers here. Having Rice and Foster as your starters is too good to pass up IMO
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 224)

Postby Indibuck » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:46 pm

I would make the trade for Foster. I would much rather start my draft with Foster/Rice than
Rodgers/Rice.

With 8 QBs being kept, I think you can probably wait at the position and draft WR/TE early and often unless you can get Peyton at your first pick... I like him as a top-4 QB with very little downside.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby duffoholic » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:37 pm

As a Foster owner, the only reason I would hesitate to make this trade is because an injury seems inevitable to Foster at this point. That being said, I think you can't say no to this offer. Two RB's in the top ten is hard to sneeze at.
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 421)

Postby mycuccismells » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:05 pm

I agree with everyone else, this is a no-brainer. 6Pt/TD gives the QBs a bit more value but you still have to make this deal
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 358)

Postby srlarson » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:48 pm

Definately make the trade......grab a couple QB 2's and MAKE SURE you get Tate........cover your bases......RB is the shortest supply so having two studs great way to start the draft!!
srlarson
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 26)

Postby duffoholic » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:51 pm

I didn't notice the keeper list before. There is LOTS of talent left in the pool at WR and QB so this trade is an easy one to make. If you are worried about either of these RB's long term try to grab Wilson as your QB as he could be a viable keeper for years to come. I agree that Tate is a must have for you but beyond that you don't need to worry about RB's for the first 4-5 rounds unless some serious value is jumping out at you. This looks like a great deal for you!
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 421)

Postby mycuccismells » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:07 am

duffoholic wrote:I didn't notice the keeper list before. There is LOTS of talent left in the pool at WR and QB so this trade is an easy one to make. If you are worried about either of these RB's long term try to grab Wilson as your QB as he could be a viable keeper for years to come. I agree that Tate is a must have for you but beyond that you don't need to worry about RB's for the first 4-5 rounds unless some serious value is jumping out at you. This looks like a great deal for you!

Disagree with this slightly, I still think grabbing a third RB early is crucial for him. According to his list below there are already 9RBs being kept plus Rice isnt in that list so that makes 10 RBs already off the board. He has the 9th pick so im assuming another 5 RBs (or more) will be off by the time it gets to him meaning hes already getting to the bottom half of the RB2s. As everyone has said RBs go down every week so having backups is necessary, especially because even if there is an injury he can plug them into his flex. If it were me i would still be going RB in the 1st or 2nd round, obviously depending on what is there.

Part of the reason i say this is the landscape of the keepers that are being taken. As far as receivers go there is a top 5 that are really above the rest and then there are about 7-8 guys after that who can all have about the same production. 4 of those top 5 guys are gone so for me unless D Thomas falls to you at 9 there isn't a ton of value at the WR position.

For the QBs this is a 12 team league and there are 7 QBs being kept meaning aside from backups there are only 5 QBs that are needed. Some of the guys not being kept include Peyton, Kaepernick, R Wilson, Luck, Romo, Big Ben, Vick, J Freeman, Flacco which is 9 guys right there. Those first 5 guys are all easily QB1s that can be put in every week regardless of matchups, seeing as there are 5 teams left that need a QB you shouldnt have to reach too high for one of them. And worse case scenario that you miss then you grab a combo of something like Ben and Vick and play the hot hand

I would probably go something along the lines of RB/WR/WR/QB/RB and then fill out the bench from there. IF i could get T Thomas or Graham with that first round pick i would definitely do that, but i doubt they will be there for you. I may even reach for Hernandez in that second round depending on who is still on the board
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 358)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions