Startup Dynasty – PPR, Salary Cap, SuperBowl Payout $1200 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Classifieds

Startup Dynasty – PPR, Salary Cap, SuperBowl Payout $1200

Moderator: Football Moderators

Startup Dynasty – PPR, Salary Cap, SuperBowl Payout $1200

Postby ksm187 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:33 am

Hello all. I’ve started a new dynasty and I’m looking to fill a few vacant spots. I’ve formatted the league so it’s unique from all the other dynasty leagues out there. This league is salary cap based, allowing you to bid on any player you want and assign a contract from 1-4 years. There are also other cool features like cutting players, franchise tags, and drafting college prospects. Unlike most leagues that have a 4 round NFL rookie draft, this league has a 4 round college draft. Another twist is that we start 2 QBs. This shifts the dynamic of the league and forces the manager to think a little harder.

Some other details, it’s a 12-team league, H2H format, 6 teams make the playoffs. Payouts are awarded to the top 3 scoring teams and top 3 in the playoffs. In addition, every 3 years we have a super payout of $1200 to the top scoring team over that period. 2nd and 3rd place receive funds as well.

I already have by-laws written and a home for the league. All transactions take place on ProBoards and the scoring and H2H is done through Yahoo. If you are a huge MFL fan, I chose ProBoards because the site is free and doesn’t have any limitations to how I run the league. Using MFL they charge $70/year plus restrict some of the different rules I want to implement. I’ve run a league on ProBoards before and it’s not bad at all.

So if you are interested in the league please e-mail me at kmorel@mail.usf.edu or just visit the proboards page at tampadynasty2013.proboards.com
ksm187
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Startup Dynasty – PPR, Salary Cap, SuperBowl Payout $120

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:25 pm

Can u elaborate on the draft process? I presume you'll have an NFL player draft and a college draft? Then next year just college freshmen?

Why so many flex positions? Would u consider doing away with the flexes? Add one more rb and a te?

I love the 2 QB format, used it for years in my redraft league.
Cult of Dionysus
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)

Postby ksm187 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:05 pm

Each off-season we hold a college development draft where you can draft anyone in the college ranks. Once the NFL drafts them, those players are added to your roster for 0.5M and 4 years. There is a $150M salary cap so it's a great addition to the league and puts more emphasis on drafting talent. There is no NFL rookie draft. Any college player who was not drafted, and makes it to the NFL, will be added to the normal free agent pool for bidding.
ksm187
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:24 pm

Do u use league safe?

How many of the franchises are taken ATM?

How could I read all the by laws? Could u send them to me via email?
Cult of Dionysus
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby ksm187 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:31 pm

Yes league safe is used. Most the spots are taken trying to get everyone paid. Bylaws are listed on the proboards site. Email me and I will gladly forward them
ksm187
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby ksm187 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:59 pm

bump
ksm187
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:56 am

Signed up and looking forward to the beginning of league action.

For those who haven't checked out this league in detail, you should. One of the really cool elements is the collegiate draft, where managers can lock in NFL prospects as early as their freshmen year. This takes the dynasty element to another level as you have to anticipate rookies one to two years in advance of when they may make it to the NFL.
Cult of Dionysus
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby giantjeff75 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:37 pm

Sounds great & would love to join you guys, just seems very complex as for the contract/salary cap deal. & how does a league like this secure the interest of all owners ensuring that all moves are genuine & for the long term when any owner decides to bail @ seasons end if they don't like the results of what they have created. Do you lock up money now for future years of playing to avoid the bail out owners. Two or 3 owners unhappy with there team can make moves & bail after the season & it alters the authenticity of the others in league. Just wondering..
giantjeff75
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby ksm187 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:49 pm

A decent portion of the funds are held in a LeagueSafe account. So if an owner creates a bad team, he has a lot more to lose if he bails, than if he stays. I require future payment of the following season if an owner decides to trade draft picks or prospects. And I've commished multiple leagues in past years. I get list a whole host of references. It's a lot...and I mean a lot, of hours to set up these leagues and keep track of everything. I'm not going to bail.

And the league isn't that complicated with contracts and salary. It's similar to an auction league. Everyone bids on players with the highest bid winning. Then you assign a contract from 1-4 years. The only stressful part is keeping track of your available cap space. You are allowed $150 million. Plus we have a cool developmental draft Dionys mentioned. If you are still hesitant feel free to message me. I'm always around to answer any questions you have. Thanks
ksm187
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby giantjeff75 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:00 pm

O.K, sounds like you put a lot of time & thought into this. I'm rushing out for work, but I would like to join this league as it is my first Dynasty league. What is the total buy in, when is it due? Can you send me invite? How many teams are in the league? Sorry you probably answered those questions before- but I'm on the go right now & want to make sure of settings & scoring before I commit & waste your time
giantjeff75
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Classifieds