Trading Brees/Wilson? Dynasty PPR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Trading Brees/Wilson? Dynasty PPR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trading Brees/Wilson? Dynasty PPR

Postby mzkp54 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:59 pm

I have been approached about trading Brees or Russell Wilson. He asked if I would be interested in Cruz, DWilson, or Murray. I'm contemplating what a straight up trade of Brees for Cruz would do for my squad. I think my team needs RB and TE foremost, but I'm more interested in Cruz than the RB's (safer IMO). Any thoughts on a good offer? Would you do Brees for Cruz with my roster?

12 team league, PPR, Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR/TE

My team:
QB- Brees, Wilson, Smith
RB- Lynch, Rbush, Bradshaw, Goodson, Moreno, Turbin, Blount
WR- Cobb, Wallace, Hilton, TBMW, Floyd (SD), Sanu, Breaston, Collie, Ford
TE- Gates, Celek
Draft picks: 1.1, 1,6, 3.1, 4.1, 4.6

His team:
QB- Freeman, Rivers, Foles., Weeden
RB- Charles, Murray, SJax, DWilson, Hillman, Benson, Jones
WR- Cruz, Jennings, Austin, Moore, Jefferey, Givens, Streeter
TE- Witten, Chandler, Miller
Picks- 1.9, 2.4, 3.3
mzkp54
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 235)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trading Brees/Wilson? Dynasty PPR

Postby mzkp54 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:20 pm

Well he offered Cruz and Rivers for my RWilson and Mike Williams. I accepted. Figured that was a pretty big WR upgrade for a downgrade at my backup QB spot.

Thoughts?
mzkp54
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 235)

Postby wtr23 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:50 pm

In dynasty I woulda dealt Brees, here's why,...

1) Brees has been top of the charts for fantasy QBs the last 2 years and is better in the short term, but Wilson has 10 years on Brees. Brees probably could have drawn you a better back up QB than Rivers (31). This has left you pretty old at QB, dynasty is all about longevity.
2) Seattle appears to be a team on the rise, the addition of Harvin at WR only improves Wilson's numbers. I think Seattle will be challenging the niners for many years to come. With experience and the right tools, Wilson thrives.

I'm not knocking Brees, I'd love to have him, but I think Wilson puts up top 10 numbers with ease in the foreseeable future (6+ years). And with Brees having the better year fantasy wise you could have probably done a lot better than Rivers had you offered Brees, unless Rivers was his starter. Rivers is a solid backup, but you had 2 viable starters and probably could have traded for another one with Brees. I like the upgrade at WR but I don't think its enough to make up for Rivers/Wilson.
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 237)

Postby duffoholic » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:40 pm

I agree... It looks like you kinda jumped the gun rather than wait for the right offer. Brees would have been the guy I would have looked to unload this year and since you didn't address your primary concerns (RB and TE) it feels like you gave up solid trade bait for a decent upgrade at WR. Being able to start 4 WR's helps make this trade better for you but I definitely think he gained more than you did since Wilson is a huge step up from Freeman or Rivers in a dynasty league.

All that being said, I don't think it was a BAD trade for you. I just don't think it was the best trade you could have got from the QB situation you had.
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 425)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions