Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Good trade????

Moderator: Football Moderators

Good trade????

Postby Zbetty » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:10 am

16 team dynasty PPR

Team
QB Arron Rodgers, Russell Wilson keep both
RB Doug Martin, Marshawn Lynch, Lamar Miller, Dujuan Harris, Daryl Richardson keep 4
WR Jordy Nelson, Hakeem Nicks, Mike Wallace, Greg Jennings, Mohamed Sanu, Emmanuel Sanders Keep 4
TE Jimmy Graham, Rob Housler keep both
I won't get into kickers and idp players
We can keep one rookie as a red shirt
I also have the 1.9 and 1.16
I traded Ryan Mathews and the 1.11 for Lamar Miller. I've had Mathews since his rookie year and just felt it was time to move on. Do you think I over paid for Miller? Keep in mind my team is pretty full of who I plan on keeping so the picks don't mean that much to me. Also would you package the 1.9 and 1.16 to try to move up or draft at 9 and trade the 16 for a first next year?
10 Team PPR predraft
QB- Aaron Rodgers
RB- CJ Spiller, Marshawn Lynch
WR- Jordy Nelson, Michael Crabtree
TE- Jimmy Graham
LB- James Laurinaitis
DL- Corey Liuget
DB- Harrison Smith
Zbetty
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Good trade????

Postby duffoholic » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:36 pm

Given your roster (and a very nice roster it is!) I wouldn't mind the idea of trading away a pick this year for next year.

To answer your first questions... Mathews shows bursts of talent and productivity but can't seem to stay healthy or consistent. I think it is definitely a gamble since Miller is still an unknown but I feel like it is a gamble you can afford to take.
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 421)

Postby srlarson » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:15 pm

my first choice is to try and package the picks and move up......I would look to secure your favorite RB depending ont he situation they go to.....best chance to help you this year.....

I understand trading for future picks but if there is someone you like, rb....and can grab them......and help you this year...gotta do it....

Good Luck!!
srlarson
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 26)

Postby 11stever11 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:11 pm

I view Mathews and Miller very smiler in a dynasty league, so I do think that you overpaid. I see both as low to mid end RB2. I would not try to move up in the draft. I think the draft is deep this season with not great talent like we have been getting the past couple years.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Postby Indibuck » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:56 am

11stever11 wrote:I view Mathews and Miller very smiler in a dynasty league, so I do think that you overpaid. I see both as low to mid end RB2. I would not try to move up in the draft. I think the draft is deep this season with not great talent like we have been getting the past couple years.

I agree with this.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions