R. Rice
T. Richardson
A. Morris
AJ Green
C. Johnson
M. Austin
J. Graham
M Ryan

We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF and 6 bench spots.

I can only keep 5.

I don't think I want to budge on losing either of my boss WRs, because having AJ Green and Megatron means I just don't have to worry about that position for years. That gives me 3 spots. I want to keep Richardson 100%, he's young and full of insane potential. That leaves guessing which RBs will continue, and which to lose. I have a lot of interesting packages to offer, and could probably pick up a 1st round pick or maybe a couple of them to get more rookies.

Alternatively, I could just thicken up the pool by dropping a lot!

Thoughts?
Those About To Rock
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Pre-NFL Draft thoughts

Postby mzkp54 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:45 pm

I would keep TRich, Foster, Megatron, Green, and Graham. I could see a case for keeping Rice over Graham, but I think that the advantage it would give you with an already stacked group of other keepers would be more advantageous.

To be fair, I haven't done an 8-team league though, so I'd assume most teams are pretty strong. I really like that group of keepers for you though.
mzkp54
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 233)

Postby Those About To Rock » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:53 pm

I've only done 8 mans, and we've been doing the 5 man keeper for 5 years now. The first 3 I started out badly by over-trading for high-end players, to build up the strongest roster I could, then I drafted well and dominated. I can trade players before we draft, so I can probably turn Rice into picks. I've also been considering getting rid of Rice while his value is high, and I think he's going to have to hit the dwindle point in his career soon(ish). Morris is also a house, and I really would hate to drop him (unless I could turn Rice into the 1st overall pick, then drop and pick up Morris with that pick...)

Rookies are going to throw all this up in the air, because I habitually draft rookies too high (well, Richardson and Green worked out really well).

Anyhow, I hadn't seriously considered keeping Graham, but looking at the keepers you noted, I need to thing about it.
Those About To Rock
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby duffoholic » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:12 am

Man, 8 man rosters are just plain silly.

I'd probably keep Green, Megatron, Foster, Rice and Morris but that is because, despite his talent, I think TRich runs with a style that will keep him from playing full seasons. What I would do in your spot is try to trade Rich that guy who blows it in the draft every year to keep him out of the pool... do eight man leagues have those just plain bad teams? If you could get a first rounder for him why wouldn't you!

That's my two cents. It sounds like TRich is your guy already so take it for what it is.
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 421)

Postby mycuccismells » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:44 am

If you can move any of these guys do it and do it fast, if you drop them you get nothing for them. I would agree that i think you keep the 2 WR, Graham, and then Foster and Rice. Normally i would say load up on the RBs but in an 8 man league they arent nearly as scarce as they are in a deeper league, so you can get some decent ones in the draft to compliment your 2 keepers. With TE there are really only 3-4 reliable guys so getting one of the top guys there is a bigger advantage.

If you can sell TRich or Morris or Rice for the 1st overall though thats the way to go. Then you would keep the WRs and Graham, keep 2 RBs and draft a third and be set.
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 358)

Postby Indibuck » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:44 am

Calvin, Green, Foster are definite keepers. I also think that Graham is the preeminent TE this year, making him a must-keep as well due to the advantage that you will maintain throughout the season at the position. And if you insist on keeping TRich (and I don't think that's a bad choice at all) then there's your 5.

Trade Rice and any other players for picks.

Or, you could target the AP owner and offer Rice + a player for AP and a pick. I think Richardson is a top DYNASTY RB, but for this year I would still rather have AP.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby mycuccismells » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:53 am

Gronk looks like he is going to have ANOTHER surgery on his forearm so to me that gives Graham even more value, making him probably the safest tight end available. Ideally what you would try and do is package up Morris/Rice and your 1.8 pick for AP/Lynch and the 1.1 pick. That would give you the top 2 WRs, the top 2 RBs, the top TE and the #1 pick to grab T-Rich
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 358)

Postby Zbetty » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:13 pm

Personally I would keep Foster, Rice, Calvin, AJ, and Jimmy. I understand keeping Trent if you like him more then Rice. This would give you a great start to your team with two top tier WRs, RBs, and a TE who is virtually a WR 1. Then you could package Morris and your choice of Rice or Trent and should be able to get the 1.1 for them.
10 Team PPR predraft
QB- Aaron Rodgers
RB- CJ Spiller, Marshawn Lynch
WR- Jordy Nelson, Michael Crabtree
TE- Jimmy Graham
LB- James Laurinaitis
DL- Corey Liuget
DB- Harrison Smith
Zbetty
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 7)

Postby Those About To Rock » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:38 pm

I know 8 man rosters are dumb, but you should see the guy who came in 8th....there's a reason I won and he didn't. He has ~1 keeper-worthy player.

That said, I can probably score 1.1.

I like the idea of picking up one of my RBs with that 1st pick.

Until the NFL draft, that will be my tentative plan going forward.
Those About To Rock
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby srlarson » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:45 am

I don't get all the love for TE's....really in an 8 man league I do not see the advantage....there are to many decent ones.....

So I would go with: If you can trade for the 1.1, that really gives you 6 keepers, since you can get your guy back....but as it sits I would go with:
Megatron
AJ
Foster
Richardson
Morris

see if you can trade Rice, too good to get nothing for....but like the youth of T Rich and Morris more......

Or wild hair thought....what if you package Foster and Rice for AP? Could do with others.....or somone you like more.....rather than a draft pick...just a different angle.....but don't throw back valuable assets with nothing in return.....

Good Luck!!
srlarson
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 26)

Next

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions