AP's value - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

AP's value

Moderator: Football Moderators

AP's value

Postby duffoholic » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:05 pm

What are your thoughts on Adrian Peterson's value this season?

Does he put up similar numbers to last year and end the season as the undisputed number 1 RB or does production drop off?

Would you rather start the season with him or Foster as your primary back to go with Jamaal Charles?
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 421)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: AP's value

Postby murphysxm » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:10 pm

i don't think there is anyway he matches last year's totals, but he still has to be #1. His consistency is tough to match and his floor is pretty darn high. He may not finish the year at #1, but I would put quite a bit of money on the fact that he will finish top 5. You're picking hairs between Foster and AP, they both are true stud #1's.
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby Indibuck » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:11 pm

I like AP as my #1 RB this year. He may not finish in the top spot but is the best bet to do so in my opinion.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby duffoholic » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:45 pm

I am actually asking as a Foster owner. I was thinking about trying to trade for AP this year as I'm a little worried about Foster's waning production at the end of last season and the wear of consecutive 400+ touch seasons. Plus I would gain 8$ in cap room with the trade. I am thinking about offering him Foster (30$) and possibly the rights to Newton for AP (22$) and Little (1$) or the rights to Maclin. I understand this looks crazy but the rights only guarantee you the last right of refusal on a player so he would be able to get Newton after bidding ended for whatever the highest big was. Plus I have Wilson for 3$.

There are some big names available at WR this season that I would like to make a move on, especially since we are adding a PPR aspect to our league this year (probably 1pt/2 or 3 rec, milestone). Julio, Green, Andre, Calvin, Lynch, Morris, Rice, Ridley and Dez are all hitting free agency or restricted free agency. I'm just trying to free up cap space to make a move on some of these names as my WR core needs some work.
12 team auction (100$)
Wilson 3$, Dalton 4$
Foster $30, Charles $16, Tate 2$, Wilson 10$
V. Jackson 10$, Boldin 3$, Garcon 4$, Witten, 4$, T. Austin $5, Patterson 2$, Tate 3$, Dobson 1$
Tucker, K 1$,Tynes, K 1$
NYG D, 1$
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 421)

Postby murphysxm » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:45 pm

If I am the AP owner at $22, you'd have to make me an offer that I can't refuse and my guess is you will overpay for him. Especially with the $2 handcuff in Tate, I'd stay put
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions