Arian Foster or Adrian Peterson? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Arian Foster or Adrian Peterson?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Arian Foster or Adrian Peterson?

Postby Fantasy Sport Fans » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:21 pm

Ok so just curious on which one you would choose. Arian Foster or Adrian Peterson? If they were both available when your draft turn came up.
Fantasy Sport Fans
Fantasy Sport Fans
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Arian Foster or Adrian Peterson?

Postby Indibuck » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:04 pm

AP ;-D
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby Fantasy Sport Fans » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:00 pm

AP for me too!
Fantasy Sport Fans
Fantasy Sport Fans

Postby murphysxm » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:49 pm

Last year I was extremely low on AP, and I paid the price. There is no question in my mind that AP is the absolute #1 pick this year.
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby Fantasy Sport Fans » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:01 pm

Well I made the rookie mistake of taking a QB before a RB in my draft last year. I won't make that mistake this year.
Fantasy Sport Fans
Fantasy Sport Fans

Postby Norseman36 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:54 am

I made the idiot mistake of taking Darren McFadden with my first pick last year. :-t

I would take AP over Foster, but it's close. I haven't heard what the latest is with Foster's heart condition that he was struggling with last year.
Norseman36
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby mzkp54 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:54 am

I'm a little nervous about AP. There haven't been too many great post 2000 yard seasons. However, AP gave me every reason in the world to not doubt him anymore after last year, so you have to go with him I think
mzkp54
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 233)

Postby mycuccismells » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:46 am

mzkp54 wrote:I'm a little nervous about AP. There haven't been too many great post 2000 yard seasons. However, AP gave me every reason in the world to not doubt him anymore after last year, so you have to go with him I think

There haven't been many great seasons coming off of knee surgery either, AP doesn't follow the rules. You can come up with question marks with every single player in the league, no one has perfect circumstances. AP showed last year that he can handle a ton of touches, defenses loading up on the run doesnt stop him, and that he has more will to succeed than any RB in the league. He reminds me of Kobe in that way that even though the circumstances may be against him he is going to work so hard and just have that desire to succeed that he can overcome anything.

With Foster the YPC worries me because he only had the stats he did due to an amazing volume of carries, and he seemed to wear down towards the end of the year a bit. Plus he is very TD dependent and if Tate stays healthy there is no telling if they try and limit his touches a bit to keep him healthy. To me AP is not only the safest running back on the board but he also has the most upside, that combo makes him my clear cut #1
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 358)

Postby duffoholic » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:52 am

I completely agree with the above. Foster is a TD beast, and I actually see he maintaining that title this year BUT his YPC will not be at the top. It is pretty easy to see him outside the top 5 or even top 10 at a stretch. If he stays healthy he should still post +1200 yards this season and 15+ total TDs again as anything inside the 5 yard line is almost a certain TD for him. I also think Tate taking some of the load off him would only help him out down the stretch as that wear he seems to show towards the end of the season won't be so prominent. The guy takes really good care of himself though so if anybody can handle the beating 0f 350+ rushes as season it's him.

On the other hand, AP is a threat to bust off a big run every time he touches the ball. Where Foster only had 1 run over 40 yards last year, Peterson had 8. Also, the stats on Peterson going over 20 yards are just insane; he had more than double the 20+ yard runs of the next closest back, CJ Spiller. I think AP is the clear and hands-down number 1 pick this draft season. If he can keep up at 3/4 of the pace he was on last year he will be the number one RB at the end of the year by a decent margin barring an explosion from somebody else.
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 421)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions