2013 Rookie Draft Commentary - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to NFL's Finest

2013 Rookie Draft Commentary

Moderators: thriftyrocker, Football Moderators

Re: 2013 Rookie Draft Commentary

Postby iamgregg » Sun May 26, 2013 4:39 am

I didn't realise he was on the board still! Would have picked him no question :-B
iamgregg
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby LS2throwed » Mon May 27, 2013 9:29 pm

In looking back, this year was one of the better 2nd round values IMO in quite some time. Ton of 2nd round picks that I really like and that could end up studs.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Guru13 » Tue May 28, 2013 10:23 am

It feels so strange typing in the name of a kid I had class with in high school as one of my picks. Come on now T.J., earn your keep! :-b
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue May 28, 2013 3:24 pm

Guru13 wrote:It feels so strange typing in the name of a kid I had class with in high school as one of my picks. Come on now T.J., earn your keep! :-b

You went to HS with him? That's cool. I have a friend (Justin Hicks) that I used to work with that's on the PGA Tour. We met at my very 1st job after I moved to Hell, I mean Florida in 1998. We both worked at a Golf Resort. He had just moved down from Michigan to become a pro golfer. He's played on the minor tours since then, and this is the 2nd time that he's made it to the PGA Tour. The top 25 money earners on the Nationwide Tour (now web.com tour) earn their PGA Tour cards. Justin did that 4 years ago, but then he didn't make the top 125 money earners on the PG Tour, so he lost his tour card. Then last year he made the top 25 again, so he has his tour card again for this year, and he's doing really well. He's best known for being tied for the lead at the 2008 US Open after the 1st round. It's definitely cool following someone that you know in professional sports. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby Kareighuis » Wed May 29, 2013 2:25 am

LS2throwed wrote:In looking back, this year was one of the better 2nd round values IMO in quite some time. Ton of 2nd round picks that I really like and that could end up studs.

Absolutely agree. Love early/mid 2nd round (and late 1st if you love a guy) for their value. And, they have just as good a chance of studing out as guys in the top of the 1st.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Guru13 » Wed May 29, 2013 6:11 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
Guru13 wrote:It feels so strange typing in the name of a kid I had class with in high school as one of my picks. Come on now T.J., earn your keep! :-b

You went to HS with him? That's cool. I have a friend (Justin Hicks) that I used to work with that's on the PGA Tour. We met at my very 1st job after I moved to Hell, I mean Florida in 1998. We both worked at a Golf Resort. He had just moved down from Michigan to become a pro golfer. He's played on the minor tours since then, and this is the 2nd time that he's made it to the PGA Tour. The top 25 money earners on the Nationwide Tour (now web.com tour) earn their PGA Tour cards. Justin did that 4 years ago, but then he didn't make the top 125 money earners on the PG Tour, so he lost his tour card. Then last year he made the top 25 again, so he has his tour card again for this year, and he's doing really well. He's best known for being tied for the lead at the 2008 US Open after the 1st round. It's definitely cool following someone that you know in professional sports. ;-D

Damn, if he can achieve that you'd have to imagine he'll find his way into a decent pay-day or two. Ya hopefully Moe can find a place in New England; seems like as good a place as any for him. Can't say I really know him all that well though, our school had an enormous population. :-b
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri May 31, 2013 10:09 pm

Guru13 wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:

Damn, if he can achieve that you'd have to imagine he'll find his way into a decent pay-day or two. Ya hopefully Moe can find a place in New England; seems like as good a place as any for him. Can't say I really know him all that well though, our school had an enormous population. :-b

Play was suspended because of weather and then darkness, but at this weeks tournament, Justin is tied with Tiger Woods right now (Justin has 1 hole to go in his 2nd round, and Tiger is finished with his 2nd round). ;-D

That's the good news. The bad news is about TJ Moe:

Updating a previous item, Patriots WR T.J. Moe (injured reserve) suffered a torn Achilles' earlier this week.
Moe is quicker than fast, and was a productive slot receiver in Mizzou's spread offense. The Patriots have had success taking slot-men with average athleticism (Wes Welker, Julian Edelman) and maximizing their strengths, which was the plan with Moe. He'll likely get another shot with the team in 2014. May 31 - 9:28 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8650/tj-moe

:,-(

flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guru13 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:10 pm

Ya I saw that, what a terrible way to start your career.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:52 pm

Placeholder. ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:24 am

Placeholder. ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

PreviousNext

Return to NFL's Finest